Windows 10: System is "Shrinking"

Discus and support System is "Shrinking" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,On 5-Oct-2019, checked C drive properties, occupied size was 29.2 GB, including 1 restore point.Yesterday 7-Oct-2019, before shutting down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

System is "Shrinking"

Hello,On 5-Oct-2019, checked C drive properties, occupied size was 29.2 GB, including 1 restore point.Yesterday 7-Oct-2019, before shutting down computer, checked it again, C drive properties were 26.1 GB - restore point gone, don't know how. I did not do anything, no update, no any install, just routine day.Today 8-Oct-2019 as I started computer, checked as above again. This time C drive properties is 24.3 GB, still no restore point.First to do checked "sfc scan" -OK.Checked in the "System Protection", restore points are enabled "On" on drive C.Ran Defender full scan - no findings.System runs nice (so far).Any explanation to this ?Answers will be appreciated.ThanksPS. System is win 10 1809 x 64, build 720.

:)

Motim, Oct 8, 2019

2. AMD to Give 20 nm Optical Shrinks to Console SoCs First

Xbox 360 technical specifications - Wikipedia

Scroll down to list of revisions. Die shrinks are not consumer relevant with consoles. They bring no performance changes because consistency is the entire point of them. Unless you're batshit crazy Nintendo that is, then you get the "new 3DS" half step BS.

LAN_deRf_HA, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Screen Shrinking

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the screen of your computer which is constantly shrinking, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the version and build of your Windows 10? To know these information, use the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check for the Windows Build and Version.

(Click this link should you need to update your device and to access the Windows 10 update history as well.)

• Aside from updating the drivers, what other troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? This is for us to avoid redundancy.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 8, 2019
  4. System is "Shrinking"

SHRINK C VOLUME TO SMALLER CAPACITY

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

While shrinking the volume, you cannot use the upper arrow because, while shrinking the system will take the max amount of space that can be shrink. However, you can use the down arrow button to reduce the amount of space, which you want to shrink.

Since, both up and down buttons are not working, it might be an issue with system file corruption.

I suggest you to try running System File Checker (SFC)
    and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

System is "Shrinking"

1. System is "Shrinking" - Similar Threads - System Shrinking

2. cannot shrink drive. I turned off paging, hybernation, system restorepoint protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot shrink drive. I turned off paging, hybernation, system restorepoint protection: I cannot shrink after removing page file, system restore point hybernation.. so what is next..? Should I download an unknown product 3rd party product to do this for me that knows windows more than windows knows windows??...
  3. cannot shrink drive. I turned off paging, hybernation, system restorepoint protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot shrink drive. I turned off paging, hybernation, system restorepoint protection: I cannot shrink after removing page file, system restore point hybernation.. so what is next..? Should I download an unknown product 3rd party product to do this for me that knows windows more than windows knows windows??...
  4. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition: I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted. Actually, the first I want tomake the partition directly from WIndows using default partition manager from windows but I...
  5. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition: I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted. Actually, the first I want tomake the partition directly from WIndows using default partition manager from windows but I...
  6. Shrinking Windows volumes - critical BitLocker system files missing or corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking Windows volumes - critical BitLocker system files missing or corrupted: So I was trying to shrink a volume to make space for another one, and I got this error:I have researched on Windows Community, and found the diskpart command. I tried it, but had no effect.I then tried to disable bitlocker with the cmd:I then also tried the control panel...
  7. Shrinking Windows volumes - critical BitLocker system files missing or corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrinking Windows volumes - critical BitLocker system files missing or corrupted: So I was trying to shrink a volume to make space for another one, and I got this error:I have researched on Windows Community, and found the diskpart command. I tried it, but had no effect.I then tried to disable bitlocker with the cmd:I then also tried the control panel...
  8. Shrinking Windows volumes - critical BitLocker system files missing or corrupted

9. system tray keeps expanding and shrinking and "setup display" does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    system tray keeps expanding and shrinking and "setup display" does not work: under Setup cannot change Display Orientation or Display Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-keeps-expanding-and-shrinking-and/9e6014b3-ff5a-4bbf-9bd5-4ec344a010ac
  10. Can't shrink system disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't shrink system disk: Hello, fellows! Can someone provide advice - why I can't shrink a disk that's almost 3/4 free? Ever before it was shrinkable with no problem. As u can see on the screensot, I can shrink disk 7GB only, while ever before I could shrink it any volume I wished. It's...