Windows 10: System is shutting down randomly by itself.

Discus and support System is shutting down randomly by itself. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, All I do on my PC is play games so I can't tell if it will shuts down randomly while using it outside but basically ill be moving around in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheBlastBie, Nov 8, 2019.

1. System is shutting down randomly by itself.

Hi,

All I do on my PC is play games so I can't tell if it will shuts down randomly while using it outside but basically ill be moving around in a game then all of a sudden the whole thing shuts down. My monitor will lose input signal, my PC will be unresponsive but my power light stays on and my fans start running at full until I hit power then it will restart and it will be fine again for a little while.

I don't know if its hardware or software related but my event viewer has various errors when it occurs.

Please help.

:)

TheBlastBie, Nov 8, 2019

2. System randomly shuts down during gameplay

Recently my system has begun randomly shutting down while playing various games, mostly Final Fantasy XI. I am not overclocking and my cpu temp, while using core temp, looks just fine (never more than 50 C). My power supply should be able to handle my setup and my motherboard and RAM is relatively new. Does anyone have any suggestions? This whole thing is getting very frustrating and any help would be most appreciated. *Smile System is shutting down randomly by itself. :)

Mugenakuma, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    HP Notebook shuts down randomly

Hi David,

It is possible that your Notebook shut downs randomly due to corruptions. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 8, 2019
  4. System is shutting down randomly by itself.

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

System is shutting down randomly by itself.

1. System is shutting down randomly by itself. - Similar Threads - System shutting down

2. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!: For the last several months and with increasing frequency, my up-to-date windows 10 shuts itself down. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or not doing and it occurs from severa times each day to more than a half dozen times per day. There are no error messages but occassionally...
  3. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!: For the last several months and with increasing frequency, my up-to-date windows 10 shuts itself down. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or not doing and it occurs from severa times each day to more than a half dozen times per day. There are no error messages but occassionally...
  4. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with system randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with system randomly shutting down: I have a Windows 10 machine running some services for a local network web server, sqlserver, etc. It's been randomly shutting down. I can't make out anything useful from the Event log. There doesn't appear to be any dumps. But I've saved some system...
  6. Problem with system randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with system randomly shutting down: I have a Windows 10 machine running some services for a local network web server, sqlserver, etc. It's been randomly shutting down. I can't make out anything useful from the Event log. There doesn't appear to be any dumps. But I've saved some system...
  7. Problem with system randomly shutting down

8. Laptop shuts down by itself.

Laptop shuts down by itself.: It's been a day now that I have been getting this problem.. My laptop suddenly, out of nowhere decides to shut down after like 45 mins of usage. I thought it is because of overheating though I do not do any heavy gaming or work. The fan is functioning properly I tried...
  9. My PC keeps randomly shutting down then opening itself

My PC keeps randomly shutting down then opening itself: No it's not a restart or anything,it keeps happening at random times. I did not experience this issue until yesterday. Weirdly enough it also affected my browser,my 'profile' was deleted and I had to make a new one....
  10. Laptop shuts down by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down by itself.: My laptop shuts itself down as soon as left idle for a short amount of time. Have to press power button for a long time before screen becomes alive again and then message appears in upper left hand corner that system did not shut down cleanly. It then goes through some...