Windows 10: System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open

Discus and support System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CONOR DE LOUGHRY, Nov 27, 2018.

1. System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open

System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open

:)

CONOR DE LOUGHRY, Nov 27, 2018

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Nov 27, 2018
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    System start is slowed down

I have PHENOM II 720 BE and get this problem (system start is slowed down)... I mean, when I turn on my PC, I must wait about 15 sec to see anything on my LCD... My MoBo is GA-MA790X-DS4 and BIOS is F6. BIOS settings are set on OPTIMAL (even on SAFE MODE problem was here). I`ve this problem before with PHENOM 9850 BE and BIOS F4. Any suggestions? plz *Smile System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open :)

WojtasRed, Nov 27, 2018
  4. zinou Win User

Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

@Syncopator
    If you open your trace file and get this message, about events lost, then don't bother to upload the file. we can't get the whole picture of what's going on.

System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open [​IMG]

I'd suggest you increase the buffers size, in the "SampleGeneralProfileForLargeServers.wprp" file to 1024.

System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open [​IMG]

Or you can download my wprp file and copy it to the WPT path (%programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\WindowsPerformance Toolkit) https://transfernow.net/1920t0o03j6i

With the buffers size increased, I hope this time we'll get a complete boot trace file, we can analyze and hopefully identify the delay cause.

zinou, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open - Similar Threads - System slow start

2. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  3. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  4. Programs slow to open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs slow to open: Hey guys for about a month or so every time I go to use right click (on say C: to do a cleanup) it can take upto a minute to give me any options. Normal right click works fine (unless selecting say an iso or other file, then it takes ages), but opening things even notepad can...
  5. Programs slow to open

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs slow to open: Hey guys for about a month or so every time I go to use right click (on say C: to do a cleanup) it can take upto a minute to give me any options. Normal right click works fine (unless selecting say an iso or other file, then it takes ages), but opening things even notepad can...
  6. Slow Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Start-up: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro (version 1903) on my laptop PC. The issue is that start up takes a long time every time I boot it. Once the lock screen appears, it remains blank for a few seconds until time and notifications appear. Once I hit the space bar, it takes another...
  7. Slow start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow start up: I am having major issues with occasional slow start up with windows 10. Does this have to do with updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-start-up/77889e81-2666-48f5-bdcb-b03d7306799c
  8. Slow Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Start Up: Hi there, Lately my laptop has become very slow and is taking very long to start up. Could anybody suggest ways to speed up the start up. My laptop is Dell 4520 and is running on Windows8.1 upgraded to Windows10 and has MSOffice2007 Regards Shambhu...
  9. slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  10. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...