Windows 10: System is taking up 400GB of space.

Discus and support System is taking up 400GB of space. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem with my space usage. My computer is having a daily update that does nothing and I think it's just giving me unnecessary files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alexxelxle, Feb 10, 2019.

1. System is taking up 400GB of space.

Hello I have a problem with my space usage. My computer is having a daily update that does nothing and I think it's just giving me unnecessary files. I'm not saying I'm sure of it, but my second disc have, for some reason, been getting a lot of GB's from nothing, I haven't installed any apps recently and I actually keep uninstalling apps so i don't run out of space. I'm considering formatting my computer, but I'm unsure and need help.

System is taking up 400GB of space. 010560f1-1ab8-4465-87b5-1bddb3f86f8b?upload=true.png

:)

alexxelxle, Feb 10, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Feb 10, 2019
  3. System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are running low of disk space is because your
    old files from your previous operating system is still saved on your hard drive. To better assist you, we need the answers to the follow questions:

• Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Have you tried uninstalling apps to see if you can free up some disk space?

In the meantime, we suggest checking the methods in this
    article
    which can help you free up drive space in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 10, 2019
  4. System is taking up 400GB of space.

Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

System is taking up 400GB of space.

1. System is taking up 400GB of space. - Similar Threads - System taking 400GB

2. Windows Installer Directory taking up around 400GB hard disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Directory taking up around 400GB hard disk space: Hello All, I am having a Windows 11 Enterprise OS.In my c drive I've found that "windows\Installer" is occupying too much of storage.It is currently 430GB and growing.Used "TreeSizeFree" software to find this.I am having a total disk storage of 500GB and this issue is causing...
  3. Windows Installer Directory taking up around 400GB hard disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer Directory taking up around 400GB hard disk space: Hello All, I am having a Windows 11 Enterprise OS.In my c drive I've found that "windows\Installer" is occupying too much of storage.It is currently 430GB and growing.Used "TreeSizeFree" software to find this.I am having a total disk storage of 500GB and this issue is causing...
  4. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference: Recently i wanted to try and clean up my C drive because it was full. And i've noticed that when i select all folders in the drive it shows 377GB. But the properties of the drive itself say that it has 882GB on it. What am i missing here? I'll be happy to give more info but i...
  5. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference: Recently i wanted to try and clean up my C drive because it was full. And i've noticed that when i select all folders in the drive it shows 377GB. But the properties of the drive itself say that it has 882GB on it. What am i missing here? I'll be happy to give more info but i...
  6. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

7. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  8. System is taking up 429GB of space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System is taking up 429GB of space.: Hello, I have a problem with my space usage. My computer suddenly ran out of storage after an update and the system warns that there is not enough space for working. I haven't installed any apps recently and I kept deleting or moving files to my external hard disk, but the...
  9. System is taking up 429GB of space.

System is taking up 429GB of space.: Hello, I have a problem with my space usage. My computer suddenly ran out of storage after an update and the system warns that there is not enough space for working. I haven't installed any apps recently and I kept deleting or moving files to my external hard disk, but the...
  10. System taking up 500gb of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System taking up 500gb of space: [ATTACH] Pretty simple. Is this normal? If not what can I do to reduce the space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-taking-up-500gb-of-space/d80b4ffd-631a-41bb-8f21-a773a1a14568

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows taking up 300 gb

2. macbook mit windows 400gb system reserviert

3. why is bootcamp 400gb

4. bootcamp windows system takes up 200 gb,
  5. windows system 400gb,
  6. windows system and reserved 400gb,
  7. how much space is 400gb,
  8. window 10 takes 400gb,
  9. bootcamp required space 400 gb,
  10. 400gb on systems windows,
  11. bootcamp system taking up 400 gb,