Windows 10: System is taking up 429GB of space.

Discus and support System is taking up 429GB of space. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my space usage. My computer suddenly ran out of storage after an update and the system warns that there is not enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sharonlsy121, Jun 24, 2022.

1. System is taking up 429GB of space.

Hello, I have a problem with my space usage. My computer suddenly ran out of storage after an update and the system warns that there is not enough space for working. I haven't installed any apps recently and I kept deleting or moving files to my external hard disk, but the released storage keep being filled out. I read similar inquiries and some say that it is something due to a bug from the windows update... I used TreeSize and check what's taking up spaces, but I am unsure if I can delete those files and I need help... Please, your help is greatly appreciated.

:)

sharonlsy121, Jun 24, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 24, 2022
  4. System is taking up 429GB of space.

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are running low of disk space is because your
    old files from your previous operating system is still saved on your hard drive. To better assist you, we need the answers to the follow questions:

• Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Have you tried uninstalling apps to see if you can free up some disk space?

In the meantime, we suggest checking the methods in this
    article
    which can help you free up drive space in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

System is taking up 429GB of space.

1. System is taking up 429GB of space. - Similar Threads - System taking 429GB

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  5. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  6. System is taking up 429GB of space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System is taking up 429GB of space.: Hello, I have a problem with my space usage. My computer suddenly ran out of storage after an update and the system warns that there is not enough space for working. I haven't installed any apps recently and I kept deleting or moving files to my external hard disk, but the...
  7. System Files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. System taking up 500gb of space

System taking up 500gb of space: [ATTACH] Pretty simple. Is this normal? If not what can I do to reduce the space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-taking-up-500gb-of-space/d80b4ffd-631a-41bb-8f21-a773a1a14568
  9. System files taking up a ton of space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System files taking up a ton of space?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/katkoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hohbdl/system_files_taking_up_a_ton_of_space/
  10. System is taking up 400GB of space.

System is taking up 400GB of space.: Hello I have a problem with my space usage. My computer is having a daily update that does nothing and I think it's just giving me unnecessary files. I'm not saying I'm sure of it, but my second disc have, for some reason, been getting a lot of GB's from nothing, I haven't...