Windows 10: System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE...

Discus and support System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I built a new PC with all new components and I bought a new Win11 Pro, and I had some system instability which started when playing some games, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeanAbb, Nov 26, 2022.

1. JeanAbb Win User

System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE...

I built a new PC with all new components and I bought a new Win11 Pro, and I had some system instability which started when playing some games, which started as slowing PC, and then BSOD.Since BSODs became frequent reformatted the SSD and put Win11 again, but since then the system has been hanging at times, and although there was no BSOD, the system was hanging in an unusable state. On 26/11/2022 while i left the PC for a couple of hours, when i came back there was BSOD and fortunately dumps created sharing on OneDrive the Dump and MiniDump and a Speccy Snapshothttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AiB_HUngTK

:)

JeanAbb, Nov 26, 2022

2. Help with unstable system

latest update,
    I have changed psu for xfx 750W and keeping to stock values and use on board graphics, the system seems stable , has been for several days. If I try to unleash, then Its prone to occasional crashing.
    So next step was to put HD6950 in with CPU in stock setting.
    System very unstable again. crashes after about 5 mins.
    I have lots of fans , CPU temp ~35deg, HDD ~30deg,
    HD6950 ~ 49deg
    When system crashes, I dont get bSOD but a grey screen with thin black vertical lines. I then have to re-boot . I get back, Windows reports error with usual 124 error.
    Could the CPU be an issue ?
    Dont have another to test.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thank you

gmastra100, Nov 26, 2022
  3. BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise

System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE... gDUxQ.png

When I check the dump file, I get this :

System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE... 4w1fx.png

What I've tried:

1. I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as
      well, but the same issue happened every time.
    2. I've updated all drivers (using Driver Booster,Driver
      Reviver
      and DriverPack solution).
    3. I've changed some Power settings.

NOTE: With Linux (Ubuntu 19.04 & Mint), everything works just fine, I've used Linux for 1 week, and I didn't face any issue with it.

Can anyone help me to get resolve this issue, I've spent a lot of time to solve it with no success

Mouaad Abdelghafour AITALI, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestion provided by SpiritX MS MVP replied on January 25, 2016 and check if it helps. Refer to the below link:

BSoD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE | Windows 10

Redirecting

Hope this information is helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply.

Arul_D, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

1. System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE... - Similar Threads - System unstable having

2. Help! BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi everyone/anyone,i'm here because of my laptop recently keep crashing and having BSOD. I've been getting a blue screen with the error message "Driver Power State Failure". after that mh laptop will restart and turn back on like before, but recently I realized that my...
  3. Help! BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi everyone/anyone,i'm here because of my laptop recently keep crashing and having BSOD. I've been getting a blue screen with the error message "Driver Power State Failure". after that mh laptop will restart and turn back on like before, but recently I realized that my...
  4. System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE...

System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE...: I built a new PC with all new components and I bought a new Win11 Pro, and I had some system instability which started when playing some games, which started as slowing PC, and then BSOD.Since BSODs became frequent reformatted the SSD and put Win11 again, but since then the...
  5. Can anyone help with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f please?: My computer is constantly up to six times a day crashing with the bluescreen of death.It seems to be connected to Adobe apps. Especially Photoshop. Especially when I return to it from another application.I have updated all graphics drivers many times. Including with DDU....
  6. Can anyone help with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f please?

Can anyone help with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f please?: My computer is constantly up to six times a day crashing with the bluescreen of death.It seems to be connected to Adobe apps. Especially Photoshop. Especially when I return to it from another application.I have updated all graphics drivers many times. Including with DDU....
  7. Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE": Hi, shortly after I turn on my computer, I suddenly get this screen: https://ibb.co/HVdqV6W After this screen completes, I get taken back to the sign in screen. I've updated all my drivers, did a full scan and repair with the software "Restoro", and did the sfc/scannow...
  8. Help with Win10 BSoD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with Win10 BSoD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I've recently encountered a BSoD when trying to reboot my machine. Dump and nfo included in this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AngxJNDLcS3xgxn4NVg22WEMbpN8?e=pqN5zg I've also been getting the message "A disk read error has occurred, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" when trying...
  9. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) HELP

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) HELP: Hi guys, I very recently bought an asus zenbook UX461UA , windows 10 64 bit installed. the problem that i have is big...When my computer is charging sometimes the screen freezes for good and never gets back to normal , ocasionaly a BSOD is thrown . It seems like the...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE help!

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE help!: Hello, I have an Aero 15x v8 Laptop with Intel Core i7-8750H NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO SSD 16GB DDR4 Intel 5th Generation Gigabit Dual Band Wireless-AC 9260 802.11ac, 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 5 Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition 64...