Windows 10: System is using 100% of disk, along with other processes.

Discus and support System is using 100% of disk, along with other processes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Around 1 month ago, my laptop started to behave strangely and would freeze 2 hours after booting up. After a few weeks, I decided to keep task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TropicalTroop, Sep 24, 2020.

1. System is using 100% of disk, along with other processes.

Hello,

Around 1 month ago, my laptop started to behave strangely and would freeze 2 hours after booting up. After a few weeks, I decided to keep task manager open and I noticed that System along with SysMain and ServiceHost:Windows Update were using up 100% of disk usage. I disabled Super Fetch and ran Chkdsk and it still isn't fixed, please help.

:)

TropicalTroop, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

System Idle Process using 100% Disk Capacity (not CPU)

Thank you for getting back to us.

SuperFetch helps in decreasing the boot time which makes the programs load efficiently. But, it can also cause potential disk performance issues.

Try disabling SuperFetch by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter the administrator credentials and pres Enter.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type or copy and paste this command:

net.exe stop superfetch
    • Press Enter and wait for the command to be processed.

We also suggest performing a disk check to identify any issues with the disk:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter the administrator credentials and pres Enter.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type or copy and paste this command:

chkdsk E: /f /r

Note:
      You can replate E: with your appropriate drive letter
    • Press Enter and wait for the command to be processed.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Arjay Dom, Sep 24, 2020
  3. System process using 100%

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, click on this
    link
    for steps on how to troubleshoot high usage for the System Process.

Keep us updated on the result.

Regards.

Aldwin Rod, Sep 24, 2020
  4. System is using 100% of disk, along with other processes.

Windows "system" process running at 100% disk usage

It doesn't resolve anything, system process still utilizes disk at 100% all other applications are slowed down. After a while it finally stops, who knows what Windows 10 is doing. Then you start a program (at last) and guess what, the system process goes
    back up to 100%.

UweThumlert, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

System is using 100% of disk, along with other processes.

1. System is using 100% of disk, along with other processes. - Similar Threads - System using 100%

2. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  3. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  4. 100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process: Im having trouble with ntoskrnl.exe , this process taking alot of my disk usage , almost 100%, this always happend when im playing or run a heavy app, my windows version is 21H2 Home Single Language, please help me it verry laggy :Specs:Laptop acer z1401-c9jzCpu : Celeron...
  5. 100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process: Im having trouble with ntoskrnl.exe , this process taking alot of my disk usage , almost 100%, this always happend when im playing or run a heavy app, my windows version is 21H2 Home Single Language, please help me it verry laggy :Specs:Laptop acer z1401-c9jzCpu : Celeron...
  6. 100% disk usage beacuse of System process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage beacuse of System process: ShareX lagged beacuse of disk usage, so I got only the one with 99% one, look at Figure 1.Why it uses my entire disk, it makes the entire system not usable at all beacuse of lag.But not everytime, sometime it drops to 0%-50% Figure 2, and then blows up to 100% Figure...
  7. System process using 100% disk on Windows 10

System process using 100% disk on Windows 10: After I had installed a new hard drive in my computer, factory installed Windows 10 on the drive, and updated to Windows 20H2 along with installing other drivers, I began to notice that the System process was using 100% of the disk. At first I thought that Windows was doing...
  8. "System" process causing 100% disk usage.

"System" process causing 100% disk usage.: I have a strange problem past few months. My laptop is slow in boot and has performance issues although my CPU, GPU and memory usage never hits above 50% but the process "system" utilizes about 15mb-30mb in hdd and therefore my disk usage is never under 90%. Step I have...
  9. 100% Disk usage due to "System" process

100% Disk usage due to "System" process: Hello! I'm finally posting here after endless posts on here where Microsoft support was unable to do anything due to a lack of information. I'm having an issue with my Disk usage upon startup... It's to the point where i hardly ever use my computer anymore because it...
  10. "System" Service Using 100% disk

"System" Service Using 100% disk: About 2 Days ago i Turned on My PC to Do some Light 3D modeling in blender but when i attempted to activate the password prompt bar it took about 5 minutes longer than the normal instant after that it took about 12 minutes for windows to graphically show up and even than it...