Windows 10: System Issues After Defraggler Program Installed

Discus and support System Issues After Defraggler Program Installed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, My dad used to always have us download a Disk Defragmenting Software onto all our family computers. Now, without him, I am trying to figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Frogger, May 9, 2020.

1. Frogger Win User

System Issues After Defraggler Program Installed

Hello,

My dad used to always have us download a Disk Defragmenting Software onto all our family computers. Now, without him, I am trying to figure out what the best thing to do is. I've had this laptop for several months now and it has begun to start running slowly. I searched for reviews on Disk Defragmenting software and decided to download the Defraggler program.

Link here: https://www.ccleaner.com/defraggler/builds

While this program was downloaded onto my computer, I was unable to access the computer settings. This concerned me. I was able to get into the settings via the link to the wifi settings, and then back into the main settings screen from there. I uninstalled the defraggler program and was then able to access my settings again.

I was thinking I would do a factory reset on my computer in order to erase any potential risudual effects of downloading this program.

But, then, my health condition was acting up which causes me to be very clumsy. And so I spilled some tea onto my laptop's keyboard. I immediately turned the computer off by holding down the power button and let it air dry for several days. It has now been functioning okay. the only problem I've noticed is that some of the keys in the area the tea/honey water spilled are a little sticky.

I am still contemplating a factory reset. I'm just concerned that after the water damage, my computer might not be able to reset properly. I also am concerned that there might be some residual effects from the Defraggler app and would like more clarity on if my privacy is being tainted with or what due to having had that program on my computer.

Well, thanks to anyone willing to offer me a helping hand!

:)

Frogger, May 9, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 9, 2020
  3. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 9, 2020
  4. System Issues After Defraggler Program Installed

Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 9, 2020
Thema:

System Issues After Defraggler Program Installed

1. System Issues After Defraggler Program Installed - Similar Threads - System Issues Defraggler

2. Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse: after this update took quite a while to install, I'm now having issues with my system running slow and the mouse reacts very slow, jumpy. I replaced the battery already 2x just to make sure that wasn't the issue. Seems to get slightly better once the system is running for...
  3. Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse: after this update took quite a while to install, I'm now having issues with my system running slow and the mouse reacts very slow, jumpy. I replaced the battery already 2x just to make sure that wasn't the issue. Seems to get slightly better once the system is running for...
  4. Issues after KB5018410 Installed, Slow System and Jumpy Mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issues within programs after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues within programs after startup: Hello! I am currently having problems with my computer, in which I made the mistake of not recording the time this occurred but I have issues that I think lead to a corrupt file. I can see that there are problems that occur when loading some programs and apps I have. Spotify...
  6. issues installing new programs

issues installing new programs: Hi whenever I try to install a program I get an error message saying : your organization used windows defender application control to block this app I have tried disabling windows defender but get the same error....
  7. Issues installing programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues installing programs: I'm having issues trying to install programs, as my laptop simply can not install anything including chrome, firefox, or even update edge. Interestingly I was able to install uTorrent and 7zip without any issues, making me believe that the issue is with web based installers....
  8. System issues after the installation of the new Windows 10 updates

System issues after the installation of the new Windows 10 updates: I have a desktop PC model ASUS ROG G20BM with the following specifications: CPU: AMD FX-770K (Quad Core 3.50 GHz) VGA: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit During the purchase, Windows 8 was installed on this computer, which was later...
  9. After installation a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installation a program: Hello, Recently I have installed some small painting program, the installation was normal. The program is present in the list of installed programs, and is present in the Windows 'All Apps' menu, but when I click on the program's shortcut or from the menu, I get an error...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...