Windows 10: System jerky

Discus and support System jerky in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Streaming videos have been getting caught up and I wondered if it was the graphics card/driver. However, as I'm exploring this issue, I notice that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sarie1981, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Sarie1981 Win User

System jerky

Streaming videos have been getting caught up and I wondered if it was the graphics card/driver. However, as I'm exploring this issue, I notice that my whole system is doing it. For instance, even as I'm typing this, there are many times that the cursor will stand still and then type things out all at once. Searching/moving the window up and down is the same. This seems to be correlating with the noises (fan etc, you know you can kind of "hear" your computer thinking) coming from my laptop itself.

Windows 10

Intel i5 processor

Intel HD Graphics 5500

Only about half of my memory is being used per the task manager

All updates have been installed

:)

Sarie1981, Aug 27, 2018
  2. RoyErwin1 Win User

Jerky Mouse after Win10 upgrade...

I updated to latest windows 10 and now my remote mouse is jerky. Changing battery did not help. Any suggestions?

RoyErwin1, Aug 27, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 27, 2018
  4. System jerky

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

System jerky

1. System jerky - Similar Threads - System jerky

2. My computer says “This system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says “This system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: Hello, my HP computer does not let me log in via fongerprint nor pin it says “something happened and your PIN isn’t available, click to set up pin again.” But it doesn’t let me and “this system detected an overrun of a stock-based buffer in this application” keeps on popping...
  3. My computer says “This system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says “This system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: Hello, my HP computer does not let me log in via fongerprint nor pin it says “something happened and your PIN isn’t available, click to set up pin again.” But it doesn’t let me and “this system detected an overrun of a stock-based buffer in this application” keeps on popping...
  4. System Freeze and Blue Screen Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Freeze and Blue Screen Death: STOP CODE: DPC_WatchDog_Violation Window Stops Responding, freezes. Aftersometime, gets off itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-blue-screen-death/6c6d6ee7-0b3f-475c-86dd-f66d6d7c091d
  5. System Freeze and Blue Screen Death

System Freeze and Blue Screen Death: STOP CODE: DPC_WatchDog_Violation Window Stops Responding, freezes. Aftersometime, gets off itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-blue-screen-death/6c6d6ee7-0b3f-475c-86dd-f66d6d7c091d
  6. System Freeze and Blue Screen Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?: I am trying to turn an old 32bit Vista system into a Virtual Computer to run on my new Win11 PC in Hyper-V. However, the virtual machine boots to a BSOD. The old system had Acronis True Image installed now uninstalled, and it appears to have moved the boot portion of the...
  8. Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?

Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?: I am trying to turn an old 32bit Vista system into a Virtual Computer to run on my new Win11 PC in Hyper-V. However, the virtual machine boots to a BSOD. The old system had Acronis True Image installed now uninstalled, and it appears to have moved the boot portion of the...
  9. Stop code system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code system thread exception not handled: I’m trying to reset my laptop since i have to sell it.If i try to reset the pc this problem occurs.It occurs also i i try to enter safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled/c6bd7eda-2383-438f-9d46-5566b606f474
  10. Stop code system thread exception not handled

Stop code system thread exception not handled: I’m trying to reset my laptop since i have to sell it.If i try to reset the pc this problem occurs.It occurs also i i try to enter safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled/c6bd7eda-2383-438f-9d46-5566b606f474