Windows 10: System keep reverting

Discus and support System keep reverting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok so..i know i shouldnt have even tried...but i did. i tried plexturbo 3. i wasnt using any previous version, but it sounded too good to be true. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zaw, Nov 2, 2015.

1. ZAW
    zaw Win User

System keep reverting

ok so..i know i shouldnt have even tried...but i did. i tried plexturbo 3. i wasnt using any previous version, but it sounded too good to be true. i made a restore point and installed. after instal and restart, my asrock drivers started going crazy, not loading and giving 'error' at start (yeah, whole message was error). so i thought sth is wrong. i uninstalled plexturbo, restarted then...boom. diagnosis tool, repair tool..info that system couldnt launch properly, anotehr restart and...im in the same place as i was before restart. plexturbo is there, asrock error too. i tried uninstall again, after restart diagnosis/repair/bad launch again. this time i log into system and plexturbo is gone. tho chrome doesnt work. i restart, it starts checkdisk itself..gets to 9% and restart. then its loop with diagnosis again. i cant pick my restore point anywhere, i see empty list. in win7 i wouldve jsut picked 'last good known config' and itd do the trick. however ms decided to drop this option...
    any idea how to boot normally into system? why it starts diagnosis when i boot pc (after which im kicked into corrupted system, restored from before reboot - it doesnt even ask me to go back to that point). i cant run chkdsk, as it asks me to reboot (then it gets to 9% and restart by itself without any info), i cant restore..luckily i can access all my data, most important ones i copied already to external drive but wonder if i can save this system somehow, or do i have to perform clean install? id like to avoid it, as downloading all updates of system and applications with my internet connection will take ages...

:)

2. Update 1709 keeps trying to install but crashes

My computer keeps trying to install 1709 but the system keeps crashing and reverting it is really hard to us my computer when it keeps doing this

Help

Andrew Moran, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Icons keep reverting

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to post your query at Microsoft® TechNet Forums where we have experts in Windows 10 Enterprise:

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

System keep reverting

1. System keep reverting - Similar Threads - System keep reverting

2. Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo: Hi there, I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Version 1809. When I click on "Configure" on Windows Sound, the speakers configuration will revert to stereo even after I have selected 5.1 speakers or 7.1 speakers. The issue also causes the sample rate to revert...
  3. Windows Theme and Background Settings keep reverting!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Theme and Background Settings keep reverting!: Evening! OS: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (10.0 Build 17763) Every time I shut down my computer or the slideshow cycle time is reached, windows reverts my background desktop settings to the default ones. Desired Settings: Slideshow, 10 minutes, Shuffle, Colors: Auto Pick...
  4. Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default: I use a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard for streaming to my own online radio station but since upgrading to windows 10 Pro from version 7 I have to keep re-installing the sound drivers for my SAM Broadcaster to pick up the microphone correctly every single time after I...
  5. Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only: My Music folder and the files within keep reverting to Read-only. I'm the owner (and administrator) of the file so that shouldn't be the issue. When I uncheck Read-only and Apply it nearly finishes but then gives me the message: Error Applying Attributes An error...
  6. Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On: Hello, I need my OneDrive to constantly update on a Mobile connection, therefore my only option is to set the Mobile connection as unmetered (setting on Off). Within a few hours or few days, Windows 10 keeps reverting back the setting to On which in turn pauses OneDrive,...
  7. System reverts to default power settings on reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    System reverts to default power settings on reboot.: Hi, I run a HTPC in my front room and this hosts all my media, so other devices on the network can access it. Due to this, I need to prevent the computer from going to sleep, so other computers can still access the media. I keep changing the balanced power plan to 'screen...
  8. System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, through the Microsoft free upgrade, my first attempt ended in Windows 7 being automatically "reinstalled" and useable. After research, I discovered that one's antivirus program should be disabled as well as all USB-connected...
  9. Indexing Options keeps reverting to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options keeps reverting to default: Hi all, I have been trying to set my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer to index only the Start Menu but not anything else (such as IE Favourites, Documents). I know exactly where all my documents are; the only time I use search is something like, I press the Win key, and...
  10. Text size keeps reverting to small.

in Windows 10 Support
    Text size keeps reverting to small.: After the last update my fonts shrunk. They look like little more than dots. I think it's going to 3 point. I've tried Font Size Changer and Advanced Font Size Changer. but neither takes hold and I'm back to the dots. The taskbar button text is okay and Browser seems exempt...