Windows 10: System keeps crashing during games / normal desktop use.

Discus and support System keeps crashing during games / normal desktop use. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So recently I have been experiencing complete system crashes during games, despite nothing obvious being changed on my PC. It is really strange, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SpontaneosDonut, Jan 29, 2019.

1. System keeps crashing during games / normal desktop use.

So recently I have been experiencing complete system crashes during games, despite nothing obvious being changed on my PC. It is really strange, I have attached a photo of what I see on the screen, which appear to be small green skull symbols. The photo shows only a small portion but it affects the entire screen. Games I have experienced the crash in is Destiny 2 and Rocket League.

Main Specs:

i7-9700k @ 3.6 Ghz (Not overclocked)

Asus RTX 2070 Dual OC Edition

16GB Ram

EVGA 650w Bronze PSU

I run all games at 1440p, ultra settings with Gsync on. Destiny 2 reports some form of graphic error when crashing.

I have not tried resetting my computer or re-installing graphics drivers, at the cost of wanting to wait before going through that mundane process to see if another solution exists. If anyone has seen this problem before, it would be great to have it fixed. System keeps crashing during games / normal desktop use. 65170947-b486-4a6b-9571-bfe205cefc41?upload=true.jpg

:)

SpontaneosDonut, Jan 29, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 29, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 29, 2019
  4. System keeps crashing during games / normal desktop use.

Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

System keeps crashing during games / normal desktop use.

1. System keeps crashing during games / normal desktop use. - Similar Threads - System keeps crashing

2. Bluescreen during normal use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen during normal use: I've got multiple bluescreens this month during normal activity. I'm doing my normal health checks now but can I ask someone to examine the minidumps to see what it could be?DISM and SFC both came up without an issue being found. There seems to be no sign of when it will...
  3. Bluescreen during normal use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen during normal use: I've got multiple bluescreens this month during normal activity. I'm doing my normal health checks now but can I ask someone to examine the minidumps to see what it could be?DISM and SFC both came up without an issue being found. There seems to be no sign of when it will...
  4. pc keeps crashing during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps crashing during games: Hi, So pretty much anytime I play a game, my computer either freezes or blue screen. This happens at complete random points and when I attempted to use 'verifier', my pc kept blue screening. It displayed the following error:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATIONI got my pc back...
  5. pc keeps crashing during games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps crashing during games: Hi, So pretty much anytime I play a game, my computer either freezes or blue screen. This happens at complete random points and when I attempted to use 'verifier', my pc kept blue screening. It displayed the following error:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATIONI got my pc back...
  6. Game/System Crashes During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game/System Crashes During Gameplay: Hey allA week ago I upgraded my GPU and RAM, as I'd started using my PC for gaming more. However I've been experiencing new crashes that I hadn't before. So far the two big problems are Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs. These games crash to desktop after varying amounts of time....
  7. Game/System Crashes During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game/System Crashes During Gameplay: Hey allA week ago I upgraded my GPU and RAM, as I'd started using my PC for gaming more. However I've been experiencing new crashes that I hadn't before. So far the two big problems are Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs. These games crash to desktop after varying amounts of time....
  8. Game/System Crashes During Gameplay

9. Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming

Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming: Hello. and thank you in advance. I have recently been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. Mostly when I am playing games (which game game doesn't matter). However I have also crashed while just browsing the web and even during a windows update. Also in my Windows...
  10. Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming: Hello. and thank you in advance. I have recently been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. Mostly when I am playing games (which game game doesn't matter). However I have also crashed while just browsing the web and even during a windows update. Also in my Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crashing games normal?