Windows 10: System lagging

Discus and support System lagging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system (WX, build 18941) works very slow. Sometimes I can't even do my regular work on it. What can I do to speed it up? It's true that I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by selaflaure, Jul 21, 2019.

1. System lagging

My system (WX, build 18941) works very slow. Sometimes I can't even do my regular work on it. What can I do to speed it up? It's true that I haven't made a clean reinstall in the last about 2 years. Should I reset my PC? Or should I perform a clean install?

Device specifications:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) IIX2 255 Processor 3.10 GHz

Installed RAM: 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview

Version: 1903

Installed on: 19.07.2019

OS build: 18941.1001

:)

selaflaure, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 21, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

System lagging

Windows 10 Slideshow causing major system lag

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the make and the model number of the system?

Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer?

This issue could be caused when the drivers are not up to date after a hardware changes, you can try the troubleshooting steps below so that we can narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Update graphics driver.

1. I suggest you to
      update graphics drive from device manager
      and check, to find the graphics driver from device manager, you can expand the
      display adapters from the device manager.
    2. I would also suggest you to check if there are any other drivers with a yellow exclamation mark, if so, please update the specific drivers by following the steps provided in the article above.
    3. You can also try to put the system under
      High Performance and check if that helps you, do to that you can.

1. Click on Start and then
      Control Panel.
    2. From the list of displayed item under
      Control Panel click on Power Options, which takes you to
      Select a power plan page. If you do not see
      Power Options
      , type the word 'power' in the Search Control Panel
      box and then select Choose a power plan.
    3. By default, the option to change power plans is disabled. To enable this, click the
      Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    4. Choose theHigh Performance
      option
    5. Close the Power Option
      window.

Method 2: Improve system performance.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to follow the article on

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    and check if this helps you.

Disclaimer: The last step on this article contains the steps to
    Reset your PC, I suggest you not to perform that step, as it will wipe the data and application on your computer.

If you still need any further help, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

System lagging

1. System lagging - Similar Threads - System lagging

2. System windows 11 lags after start up and screen flashes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System windows 11 lags after start up and screen flashes black: Hi,Immediately after start up, windows 11 lags/freezes with the twirling dot constantly twirling. After a few minutes, the screen will flash black for about 1 to 2 seconds. After the black screen leaves, the twirling circle will still be there and the system will remain...
  3. System windows 11 lags after start up and screen flashes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System windows 11 lags after start up and screen flashes black: Hi,Immediately after start up, windows 11 lags/freezes with the twirling dot constantly twirling. After a few minutes, the screen will flash black for about 1 to 2 seconds. After the black screen leaves, the twirling circle will still be there and the system will remain...
  4. vbc.exe taking 100% CPU and whole system is lagging, its definitely related to malware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vbc.exe taking 100% CPU and whole system is lagging, its definitely related to malware...: So I was downloading something old which aint availaible to purchase now and my pc suddenly started lagging and I checked in task manager it was two process of vbc.exe taking whole CPU when I am connected to interenet. also my access to virus and threat protection settings is...
  5. vbc.exe taking 100% CPU and whole system is lagging, its definitely related to malware...

vbc.exe taking 100% CPU and whole system is lagging, its definitely related to malware...: So I was downloading something old which aint availaible to purchase now and my pc suddenly started lagging and I checked in task manager it was two process of vbc.exe taking whole CPU when I am connected to interenet. also my access to virus and threat protection settings is...
  6. Unraveling the Mysteries of System Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unraveling the Mysteries of System Lag: Dear Tech Virtuosos,I trust this message finds you at the forefront of digital mastery. Alas, my Windows 10 sanctuary is besieged by an unseen nemesis—system lag. In this technological labyrinth, I call upon the elite minds of this community for counsel in deciphering and...
  7. Unraveling the Mysteries of System Lag

Unraveling the Mysteries of System Lag: Dear Tech Virtuosos,I trust this message finds you at the forefront of digital mastery. Alas, my Windows 10 sanctuary is besieged by an unseen nemesis—system lag. In this technological labyrinth, I call upon the elite minds of this community for counsel in deciphering and...
  8. Unraveling the Mysteries of System Lag

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Unraveling the Mysteries of System Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Unraveling the Mysteries of System Lag