Windows 10: System language not fully changing

Discus and support System language not fully changing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear community,I am using Win10 and have changed language settings in Settings -> Regional, as well as -> Language -> Windows Display Language and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by python_or_julia, Oct 22, 2021.

1. System language not fully changing

Dear community,I am using Win10 and have changed language settings in Settings -> Regional, as well as -> Language -> Windows Display Language and Region -> Administrative language settings from English to to Germany German. I even deleted all other Preferred Languages beyond Germany German.While all other system language is German, I still get a message in English if a program is preventing windows from shutting down "Closing 1 app and shutting down. To go back and save your work, click....."Does anybody know if this is default and can not be changed or if there is still a

:)

python_or_julia, Oct 22, 2021

2. Language for non-Unicode programs > Change System Locale

Thanks for your time and troubles taken, Karthicka_R.

Went through the steps 1 to 5 and then 7.

After restarting, checked; still, Tamil is not found in the list of languages for 'Change System Locale'.

(In fact, I had done this before raising this query. On reading your reply, I removed Tamil and went through the steps as listed above in my reply. Since the language pack was already installed, I didn't have to do the step-5; the screen also indicated that
    the language pack is already there.)

Regards

Thiruvelan

VelanThiru, Oct 22, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Oct 22, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

System language not fully changing

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

System language not fully changing

1. System language not fully changing - Similar Threads - System language fully

2. Windows 10 won't fully change the language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't fully change the language.: Hello, so I'm from Brazil, and currently I need to change windows10 language to english, just so I can easily find specific processes running within services.msc. I'd like to change the language just for convenience, as there are specific tools that are translated in...
  3. Windows 10 won't fully change the language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't fully change the language.: Hello, so I'm from Brazil, and currently I need to change windows10 language to english, just so I can easily find specific processes running within services.msc. I'd like to change the language just for convenience, as there are specific tools that are translated in...
  4. Windows 10 won't fully change the language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 not changing language fully.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not changing language fully.: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple times with no succes so far. +...
  6. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  7. System language not fully changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System language not fully changing: Dear community,I am using Win10 and have changed language settings in Settings -> Regional, as well as -> Language -> Windows Display Language and Region -> Administrative language settings from English to to Germany German. I even deleted all other Preferred Languages beyond...
  8. System language not fully changing

System language not fully changing: Dear community,I am using Win10 and have changed language settings in Settings -> Regional, as well as -> Language -> Windows Display Language and Region -> Administrative language settings from English to to Germany German. I even deleted all other Preferred Languages beyond...
  9. Change System Language

Change System Language: Hi, hope this is the corrent section. I''ve changed my language from Italian to English (only the system, not the app) but the page settings is still in italian. I don't know if this is a bug or I do something wrong. I'll post some screenshot [img] [img] [img] As you can...
  10. changing system language

changing system language: about changing system language i can not find english format ,it just has chinese one so is there any data i should download or instal it to issue this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-system-language/fd99c65a-0528-40fa-b010-92d9910323da