Windows 10: System Language on new laptop

Discus and support System Language on new laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a laptop in Colombia and want the system language to be English. When I chose settings, language, the only option under windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jamesHayes8, Apr 4, 2020.

1. System Language on new laptop

I just bought a laptop in Colombia and want the system language to be English.

When I chose settings, language, the only option under windows display language is Mexican

I added English Australia and English USA and some things have changed.

BUT the primary language in settings, task manager etc.... is still Spanish and of course, I can't read it.

How do I change the SYSTEM language

:)

jamesHayes8, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Sharmard Win User

operating system language problem

I have upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 in August 2015. Since then I am struggling to change the operating system language but not able to do it as I cannot understand Dutch in which the system got upgraded. I bought this lenovo laptop from Netherlands,
    so it has default operating system language as dutch. I tried many tips suggested online to change it but not able to change it. Please suggest how can I get rid of these problem. I want to have administrative language as English. Please suggest step by step
    procedure. It is even difficult to figure out which is pc setting option, recovery option or update option in dutch.

Thank you.

Sharmard, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Changing the system language

We would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done on your end?
    • Have you tried the resolution provided by Ronnie Vernon on the link above? If no, kindly follow the steps below:
    • Click Settings. Select the Time and Language icon.
    • In the next window, click Region and Language.
    • Click Add a Language.
    • Select the language you want to use. This will add the language to the
      Region and Language window.
    • Click the language that you added and select Add As Default button. You can also click
      Options and add a keyboard for the new language.
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 4, 2020
  4. System Language on new laptop

Windows 10 System Language

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Click on Start>>Settings>>Time & Language>>Region & Language.
    • In the right pane, set the region and language and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

System Language on new laptop

1. System Language on new laptop - Similar Threads - System Language laptop

2. System Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Language: So I reinstalled windows recently and it reinstalled in Spanish. I don't know why this happened because my USB that has the windows is in English. I figured out how to switch the language over to English but now random things are stuck in Spanish like my properties for my...
  3. System Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Language: So I reinstalled windows recently and it reinstalled in Spanish. I don't know why this happened because my USB that has the windows is in English. I figured out how to switch the language over to English but now random things are stuck in Spanish like my properties for my...
  4. Language change on a new Chinese Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language change on a new Chinese Laptop: Hi, I was hoping for some help. I just bought a new laptop in Shanghai and it came with Win10 home Chinese edition. I tried to change the language with no luck. I read on the net that if I upgraded to Win10 Pro I would get additional language options. So, I bought that and...
  5. Language change on a new Chinese Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language change on a new Chinese Laptop: Hi, I was hoping for some help. I just bought a new laptop in Shanghai and it came with Win10 home Chinese edition. I tried to change the language with no luck. I read on the net that if I upgraded to Win10 Pro I would get additional language options. So, I bought that and...
  6. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  7. Change System Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change System Language: Hi, hope this is the corrent section. I''ve changed my language from Italian to English (only the system, not the app) but the page settings is still in italian. I don't know if this is a bug or I do something wrong. I'll post some screenshot [img] [img] [img] As you can...
  8. Chinese laptop can't change system language to English

Chinese laptop can't change system language to English: I live in China and I bought a Lenovo laptop in June 2020. The problem is that I can't seem to change the system language at all. I have installed several English language packs, but they can only be used for typing NOT for system display language. In the region/language...
  9. changing system language

changing system language: about changing system language i can not find english format ,it just has chinese one so is there any data i should download or instal it to issue this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-system-language/fd99c65a-0528-40fa-b010-92d9910323da
  10. System language in w10

System language in w10: Hi guys, so, my laptop's system language by default was Polish. First I've installed the new language package, changed it, restarted the laptop and etc. the problem was not solved. So then I changed the locale language to English, but still in some cases the Polish language...