Windows 10: System License Violation after system reset

Discus and support System License Violation after system reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Asus laptop had slowed to a crawl over the last few weeks. Disk usage was staying at 100% at all times, despite 450+GB free on the hard drive (out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Access CanineSolutions, Oct 30, 2018.

1. System License Violation after system reset

My Asus laptop had slowed to a crawl over the last few weeks. Disk usage was staying at 100% at all times, despite 450+GB free on the hard drive (out of 1TB), and using only 30% of my 6gb of ram.

I tried a thorough Avast virus scan, Avast Cleaner that fixed registry errors, cleaned system junk, etc..
    I tried a Clean Boot - and despite it saying all non-Windows items were OFF on the start up -- Disk Usage remained at 100%. I noticed Avast, Windows Search, System, and another Windows program seemed to be at the top a lot.
    I tried a Disk Scan, which repaired a few bad sectors, but then found no other issues - issue still not resolved.

I finally tried to do several System Restores - at different dates - but all failed. It would simply say it failed and the computer was not changed.

I finally tried a System Reset. It seemed to work beautifully. Disk usage was back to normal. Computer was working again.

I spent the whole day loading my programs back on.
    Firefox, Office 365, Avast Anti Virus and Cleaner, Kindle, Audible, Calibre, Freemaker Video Converter, Dropbox, G Suite Sync, Zoom.... probably a few small ones I'm forgetting.

Somewhere between Adobe's PDF editor (forget the name) and my Epson printer drivers, I needed to restart.

The computer couldn't start-up. I got a blue screen with a QR saying System License Validation.

I tried the start up troubleshooter - it couldn't fix the problem.

I finally reset AGAIN. And viola -- it started back-up fine.

I checked, and my Windows license is valid according to "help".

The machine came installed with Windows 7.

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10, after the original offer, when it was still available to those with accessibility needs. I have visual issues.

Before I waste another day . . . . what might have caused the problem?

:)

Access CanineSolutions, Oct 30, 2018

2. System License Violation after system reset

My Asus laptop had slowed to a crawl over the last few weeks. Disk usage was staying at 100% at all times, despite 450+GB free on the hard drive (out of 1TB), and using only 30% of my 6gb of ram.

I tried a thorough Avast virus scan, Avast Cleaner that fixed registry errors, cleaned system junk, etc..

I tried a Clean Boot - and despite it saying all non-Windows items were OFF on the start up -- Disk Usage remained at 100%. I noticed Avast, Windows Search, System, and another Windows program seemed to be at the top a lot.

I tried a Disk Scan, which repaired a few bad sectors, but then found no other issues - issue still not resolved.

I finally tried to do several System Restores - at different dates - but all failed. It would simply say it failed and the computer was not changed.

I finally tried a System Reset. It seemed to work beautifully. Disk usage was back to normal. Computer was working again.

I spent the whole day loading my programs back on.

Firefox, Office 365, Avast Anti Virus and Cleaner, Kindle, Audible, Calibre, Freemaker Video Converter, Dropbox, G Suite Sync, Zoom.... probably a few small ones I'm forgetting.

Somewhere between Adobe's PDF editor (forget the name) and my Epson printer drivers, I needed to restart.

The computer couldn't start-up. I got a blue screen with a QR saying System License Validation.

I tried the start up troubleshooter - it couldn't fix the problem.

I finally reset AGAIN. And viola -- it started back-up fine.

I checked, and my Windows license is valid according to "help".

The machine came installed with Windows 7.

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10, after the original offer, when it was still available to those with accessibility needs. I have visual issues.

Before I waste another day . . . . what might have caused the problem?

Access CanineSolutions, Nov 9, 2018
  3. windows 10 bluescreen stop code "System License Violation"

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't get past the blue screen. I have tried the "startup repair" button offered within these blue pages, but it doesn't fix anything. It repeats that there is a "system license violation".

So, I understand why it won't go beyond this. I'm trying to understand through any logs left on the machine why it thinks I'm violating the license.

DanielLenehan, Nov 9, 2018
  4. System License Violation after system reset

windows 10 bluescreen stop code "System License Violation"

I was running a licensed copy of Windows 10. When I try to boot the machine I get the license violation error. I have tried to roll back any changes which might have been made. It would not allow me to do so. I have tried repair. It keeps coming
    back with stopcode "system license violation".

I had an external hard drive installed on a USB port. Could that have started this? I remember years ago that the system would have problems if it though you were moving a drive with a licensed copy to a new machine? Perhaps it thinks this is what I have
    done?

I can boot to command line and the disk seems to work fine. Is there a log file with specific data in it to explain why it has bricked my machine?

DanielLenehan, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

System License Violation after system reset

1. System License Violation after system reset - Similar Threads - System License Violation

2. System license violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System license violation: Iam facing system license violation and if I try to do any recovery option it's asking Microsoft account password, but I forgotten password. How to solve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-license-violation/c5c94516-b53f-4dc8-bb23-25978ea6e43b
  3. System license violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System license violation: Iam facing system license violation and if I try to do any recovery option it's asking Microsoft account password, but I forgotten password. How to solve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-license-violation/c5c94516-b53f-4dc8-bb23-25978ea6e43b
  4. System license violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System license violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System license violation: I have my windows 10 pc and I tried booting it up about a week ago and it just came to a system license violation blue screen and I try restarting and that doesn’t work,I tried to do safe mode,uninstall quality updates,and I can even reset it do y’all know what I could do....
  6. System license violation

System license violation: I have my windows 10 pc and I tried booting it up about a week ago and it just came to a system license violation blue screen and I try restarting and that doesn’t work,I tried to do safe mode,uninstall quality updates,and I can even reset it do y’all know what I could do....
  7. System license violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Stopcode: system license violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopcode: system license violation: i did a reset on my laptop because the wifi adapter keeps on not working but when i rebooted it the bluescreen pops up any ideas on how to fix it? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-system-license-violation/3713b093-8bc2-40cc-8d9b-4d088968accd
  9. Stopcode: system license violation

Stopcode: system license violation: i did a reset on my laptop because the wifi adapter keeps on not working but when i rebooted it the bluescreen pops up any ideas on how to fix it? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-system-license-violation/3713b093-8bc2-40cc-8d9b-4d088968accd
  10. System License Violation BSOD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System License Violation BSOD: I did a system restore after the issue with WIFI hardware device but it didn’t help so I restarted my laptop again. Restarting didn’t help either and since that moment I have been having the system license violation BSOD for every start-up. I am unable to do another system...