Windows 10: "System License Violation" Blue Screen

Discus and support "System License Violation" Blue Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was having internet issues the past couple of days where I was not able to access internet at all on my laptop. I contacted HP and they instructed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShaneBichl, May 20, 2020.

1. "System License Violation" Blue Screen

I was having internet issues the past couple of days where I was not able to access internet at all on my laptop. I contacted HP and they instructed me to perform a Recovery which would allow me to go back and restore my PC to a point in time before the issue started when everything was working fine. However, even though I only went back to a week prior, my Microsoft Edge browser file was apparently deleted. Worse, when I rebooted, I cannot get back to my desktop. When I do this I get message that "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" when the auto start begins, it goes into Automatic Repair, and then I get another message "Your PC did not start correctly" and again given the option to Restart again, so it is a vicious cycle. There is an "Advanced Option" but I am giving multiple options to choose if I select that and am not sure which one is right one. Can anyone assist? THanks!

:)

ShaneBichl, May 20, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 - Blue Screen / WatchDog Violation

Hi,

Incompatible drivers can cause the Watchdog Violation blue screen error. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we can provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest carefully following the steps suggested

here
    for troubleshooting blue screen errors. That article was specifically created for resolving stop (also called blue screen) errors that happen in Windows 10.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 20, 2020
  3. windows 10 bluescreen stop code "System License Violation"

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't get past the blue screen. I have tried the "startup repair" button offered within these blue pages, but it doesn't fix anything. It repeats that there is a "system license violation".

So, I understand why it won't go beyond this. I'm trying to understand through any logs left on the machine why it thinks I'm violating the license.

DanielLenehan, May 20, 2020
  4. "System License Violation" Blue Screen

blue screen system licence violation

Hello Stephen,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

This bug check indicates that the software license agreement has been violated.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact error message that you receive?

• Did you get any error code?

• Have you made any changes to the PC prior to the issue?

A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. When you experience this type of error, you won’t be able to see things like the Start menu or the taskbar on the screen when
    your PC is turned on. Instead you might see a blue screen with a message that your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

I suggest you to refer the article below to rectify issue related to Blue screen Errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If you have any issue with performing the steps in the article, then I suggest you to create an Installation Media and then perform Automatic Repair.

You may use Windows 10 installation disc/USB to perform automatic repair by creating a Media Creation Tool. Use the link below to create the media tool.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Please follow the below steps to perform the Automatic Repair:

Perform the Automatic repair:

a) When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
    F12.

b) The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

c) Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
    Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
    CD\DVD ROM.

d) After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

e) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

f) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

g) Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
    Automatic repair.

More reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559317%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 20, 2020
Thema:

"System License Violation" Blue Screen

1. "System License Violation" Blue Screen - Similar Threads - System License Violation

2. System license violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System license violation: Iam facing system license violation and if I try to do any recovery option it's asking Microsoft account password, but I forgotten password. How to solve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-license-violation/c5c94516-b53f-4dc8-bb23-25978ea6e43b
  3. System license violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System license violation: Iam facing system license violation and if I try to do any recovery option it's asking Microsoft account password, but I forgotten password. How to solve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-license-violation/c5c94516-b53f-4dc8-bb23-25978ea6e43b
  4. System license violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System license violation: I have my windows 10 pc and I tried booting it up about a week ago and it just came to a system license violation blue screen and I try restarting and that doesn’t work,I tried to do safe mode,uninstall quality updates,and I can even reset it do y’all know what I could do....
  5. System license violation

System license violation: I have my windows 10 pc and I tried booting it up about a week ago and it just came to a system license violation blue screen and I try restarting and that doesn’t work,I tried to do safe mode,uninstall quality updates,and I can even reset it do y’all know what I could do....
  6. System license violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Fix system license violation blue screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix system license violation blue screen?: Today I updated my computer with the new windows cumulative update. I waited for awhile and after the update finished I received a blue screen saying "Stop Code: System License Violation", my pc tried automatic repairs however the screen persists leading to a restart loop. I...
  8. Fix system license violation blue screen?

Fix system license violation blue screen?: Today I updated my computer with the new windows cumulative update. I waited for awhile and after the update finished I received a blue screen saying "Stop Code: System License Violation", my pc tried automatic repairs however the screen persists leading to a restart loop. I...
  9. Fix system license violation blue screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Blue screen error: System License Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error: System License Violation: I am not able to start my laptop. It shows blue screen error in windows 10. It shows stopcode : System License Violation. I am also not able to start my laptop in safe mode. What to do?...