Windows 10: System locale and main language is not changing.

Discus and support System locale and main language is not changing. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Even though I've made the settings in Language & Regions tab, seems like my Windows is half TurkishSome of the start menu items and welcome messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FurkanGercek, May 26, 2022.

1. System locale and main language is not changing.

Even though I've made the settings in Language & Regions tab, seems like my Windows is half TurkishSome of the start menu items and welcome messages etc., half English and there are some apps having problems with my default windows language not being English.See images below.

:)

FurkanGercek, May 26, 2022

2. Language for non-Unicode programs > Change System Locale

Thanks for your time and troubles taken, Karthicka_R.

Went through the steps 1 to 5 and then 7.

After restarting, checked; still, Tamil is not found in the list of languages for 'Change System Locale'.

(In fact, I had done this before raising this query. On reading your reply, I removed Tamil and went through the steps as listed above in my reply. Since the language pack was already installed, I didn't have to do the step-5; the screen also indicated that
    the language pack is already there.)

Regards

Thiruvelan

VelanThiru, May 26, 2022
  3. Language for non-Unicode programs > Change System Locale

Hi Velan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the language as Tamil and check if it helps.

• Go to “Settings” and click on “Time and Language”.
    • Under “Region and language” click on “Add Language”.
    • Click on “Tamil” and then click on “Tamil India”.
    • Go back to “Region and language” click on the language “Tamil”.
    • Click on “Options” and download the “Language Pack”.
    • Later if you need “Tamil” as Default then click on “Set as Default”.
    • And “Restart” the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 26, 2022
  4. RFC3514 Win User

System locale and main language is not changing.

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, May 26, 2022
Thema:

System locale and main language is not changing.

1. System locale and main language is not changing. - Similar Threads - System locale main

2. System locale and main language is not changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System locale and main language is not changing.: Even though I've made the settings in Language & Regions tab, seems like my Windows is half TurkishSome of the start menu items and welcome messages etc., half English and there are some apps having problems with my default windows language not being English.See images below....
  3. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  4. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  5. Changing System Language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing System Language: Hey guys, so my laptop got stolen when I'm in France for my double degree programme and I got a new one locally. The problem is I tried doing all I know but the system language is still in French. Right now it's running this weird hybrid of both English and French but most of...
  6. Change System Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change System Language: Hi, hope this is the corrent section. I''ve changed my language from Italian to English (only the system, not the app) but the page settings is still in italian. I don't know if this is a bug or I do something wrong. I'll post some screenshot [img] [img] [img] As you can...
  7. System Locale Change or Microsoft Language Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Locale Change or Microsoft Language Pack: Hello, I am trying to set-up a game that I recently purchased from Japan. I have been looking around for a solution since it seems the issue is with reading the code. A few things that I have come across is changing the System Locale to Japan to read the code properly. I am...
  8. change language in system

change language in system: I have purchased a computer with windows 10 but it only has Russian interface. How do I add English. I have English keyboards etc. but it is a single language system....
  9. changing system language

changing system language: about changing system language i can not find english format ,it just has chinese one so is there any data i should download or instal it to issue this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-system-language/fd99c65a-0528-40fa-b010-92d9910323da
  10. change system language

change system language: I want to change the system language from german to English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-system-language/67d88da7-3998-4043-ba57-2452c9a2ee59