Windows 10: System Locale Change or Microsoft Language Pack

Discus and support System Locale Change or Microsoft Language Pack in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to set-up a game that I recently purchased from Japan. I have been looking around for a solution since it seems the issue is with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AJ_008, Jun 18, 2020.

1. AJ_008 Win User

System Locale Change or Microsoft Language Pack

Hello, I am trying to set-up a game that I recently purchased from Japan. I have been looking around for a solution since it seems the issue is with reading the code. A few things that I have come across is changing the System Locale to Japan to read the code properly. I am unsure if this would have any side-effects on my computer. Could this be a possible solution to downloading the files correctly? The other method which is why I posted here is using the language pack from Microsoft. I am unsure if this helps with Code as I think it only helps with text translations, however, I have not used it yet. Does anyone know if this might also work?

:)

AJ_008, Jun 18, 2020

2. Language for non-Unicode programs > Change System Locale

Thanks for your time and troubles taken, Karthicka_R.

Went through the steps 1 to 5 and then 7.

After restarting, checked; still, Tamil is not found in the list of languages for 'Change System Locale'.

(In fact, I had done this before raising this query. On reading your reply, I removed Tamil and went through the steps as listed above in my reply. Since the language pack was already installed, I didn't have to do the step-5; the screen also indicated that
    the language pack is already there.)

Regards

Thiruvelan

VelanThiru, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Trying to change display language but "No language pack available"

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the English language pack.
    I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download the language pack.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Double click on Language.

• Click on Add language.

• Double Click on English language.

• Click on options on right hand side of the English language pack.

• Click on Download and install language pack.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Applying (British) language pack - CU

Changing Windows system (base) language can be done with Sysprep. It's both easy and fast. The below process takes two three minutes, excluding the time required to install a language pack.

Step 1: Install language pack for the preferred system language you want to change to

Step 2: Run following command to force Windows to reboot to OOBE:

%windir%\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot

System Locale Change or Microsoft Language Pack [​IMG]

Step 3: Windows will restart in OOBE (Windows Welcome). Select new system language:

This does not only change the system language, it also changes number, date, time and other formats globally (24H clock, week starts on Monday and so on when switching from EN-US to EN-GB).

Step 4: When OOBE comes to initial user creation, create a temporary local user (I use user Dummy here, you can't use any existing user names):

Step 5: When on desktop, sign out from Dummy.

Step 6: Sign in with your original admin account.

Step 7: Delete Dummy user account.

That's it. From now on your system (base) language is what you selected in step 3. For instance, if you have opted in for Insider builds and have got the upgrades in original system language (EN-US in your case), you will from now on get upgrades in new system language (EN-GB).

I use this method to get Insider build upgrades in Finnish and Swedish using the same Hyper-V virtual machine. I installed Windows 10 PRO in Finnish and created a checkpoint, then switched the system language to Swedish as told above and again created a checkpoint. Now when upgrade builds have been released, I apply Finnish checkpoint, get the upgrade and make an ISO in Finnish, then apply the Swedish checkpoint and get upgrade and make ISO in Swedish.

Thema:

1. System Locale Change or Microsoft Language Pack - Similar Threads - System Locale Change

2. Changes to Windows language pack installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to Windows language pack installation?: Hi,in the August updates for Windows 11 Microsoft documented the following improvement:"New! Gives IT admins the ability to remotely add languages and language-related features. Additionally, they can now manage language scenarios across several endpoint managers....
  3. Changes to Windows language pack installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to Windows language pack installation?: Hi,in the August updates for Windows 11 Microsoft documented the following improvement:"New! Gives IT admins the ability to remotely add languages and language-related features. Additionally, they can now manage language scenarios across several endpoint managers....
  4. Language Packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Packs: Unable to install German on win 11. Two different computers one laptop and one desktop Intel I5 and Intel I7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-packs/4b07fcc2-9ed7-43c2-98ef-2533392b4cf0
  5. System locale and main language is not changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System locale and main language is not changing.: Even though I've made the settings in Language & Regions tab, seems like my Windows is half TurkishSome of the start menu items and welcome messages etc., half English and there are some apps having problems with my default windows language not being English.See images below....
  6. System locale and main language is not changing.

System locale and main language is not changing.: Even though I've made the settings in Language & Regions tab, seems like my Windows is half TurkishSome of the start menu items and welcome messages etc., half English and there are some apps having problems with my default windows language not being English.See images below....
  7. Microsoft language packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft language packs: Hi. Could anyone tell me if I need to buy windows 11 pro to get multiple languages or will windows11 home edition be sufficient. My wife sometimes needs to use Japanese as well as English. My existing computer is windows 10 pro which was upgraded from windows 7 ultimate...
  8. Microsoft language packs

Microsoft language packs: Hi. Could anyone tell me if I need to buy windows 11 pro to get multiple languages or will windows11 home edition be sufficient. My wife sometimes needs to use Japanese as well as English. My existing computer is windows 10 pro which was upgraded from windows 7 ultimate...
  9. Info on the Language Packs and the Local eXperience Packs

in Windows 10 Support
    Info on the Language Packs and the Local eXperience Packs: Hi What is the difference between the iso files that contain the Language Packs and the Local eXperience Packs? Could you please tell me the names of these iso files for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 32 bit and 64 bit? Thanks Bye 172201
  10. Changing language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing language pack: Hi all I am trying to change my language pack from English(united states) to English (united kingdom) not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-language-pack/b2ec60e6-3aae-4bd5-a19c-a46b513afa49