Windows 10: System Locale is stuck in Japanese

Discus and support System Locale is stuck in Japanese in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently changed my Locale and system language to Japanese in order download something from Japan. I changed it back to English afterwards but for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ROGAN PHILLIPS, Nov 7, 2018.

1. System Locale is stuck in Japanese

I recently changed my Locale and system language to Japanese in order download something from Japan. I changed it back to English afterwards but for some reason when I check my system information the locale is still Japanese and nothing I do will change it. As far as I can tell the only impact that this has is that some pop-ups are in Japanese, although my computer seems to be running slower than normal but this might be unrelated. My machine is an MSI GE72 6QD Apache Pro, I can provide any additional information if necessary.

:)

ROGAN PHILLIPS, Nov 7, 2018
  2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 7, 2018
  4. System Locale is stuck in Japanese

How Do I Change My System Locale?

Hi Bailey,

We apologize for delay in response and thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot uninstall the default language.

I suggest you to set Japanese language as default language and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Japanese language from the given list.

• Click on the Japanese language and click on
      Set as Default button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

System Locale is stuck in Japanese

1. System Locale is stuck in Japanese - Similar Threads - System Locale stuck

2. Stuck as a local acount

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck as a local acount: Ive had loads of problems. I couldnt sign into my husbands administrator account on his PC. It was stuck on mine so I logged in as a local account for him and deleted my account from the PC hoping it would fix the issue of him not being able to log in with his microsoft...
  3. Japanese Locale changing the backslash to the yen symbol in paths.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese Locale changing the backslash to the yen symbol in paths.: Hi, while having changed the locale to Japanese Japan, I've noticed how in a lot of system apps Most notoriously in the command prompt and file explorer windows, the backslash "\, U+005C" changes to the yen symbol "¥, U+00A5".While needing to have this locale for certain apps...
  4. Windows stuck in Japanese

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck in Japanese: Hi, my computer seems to be stuck in Japanese becasue I had installed the language for some Japanese typing activities since I am learning Japanese on Busuu. I then deleted the langauge since I didnt need to use it anymore but for some reason my whole computer only uses...
  5. Japanese Microsoft-IME stuck on basic typing

Japanese Microsoft-IME stuck on basic typing: Hello, i tried downloading Japanese for Microsoft-IME then it always get stuck on basic typing and wont continue to download other things like Handwriting and Speech even if I try to re-download the language pack. Its been 5 minutes now before I posted this....
  6. Really stuck. Using English and Japanese

Really stuck. Using English and Japanese: I have been using English as my default and then Japanese. I have been switching back and forth between them for years with no problem. When you switch into Japanese you normally have a choice of using Japanese kana or Roman letters used in English. Suddenly it only gives you...
  7. My computer is stuck in Japanese.

My computer is stuck in Japanese.: I let one of my friends use my computer and they apparently downloaded the Japanese language pack and now my computer is stuck in Japanese. I've tried to go to the language preferences and change it and even deleted the whole language pack itself, but it was still stuck in...
  8. Computer stuck in Japanese

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer stuck in Japanese: I deleted the Japanese langauge pack and it still won’t change back please help me submitted by /u/GoldenBG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7nh4v/computer_stuck_in_japanese/
  9. System Locale

System Locale: Hello, why can't I untick the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" box? It used to be tickable, but now I can't untick it. I want to untick it, please help me.[ATTACH]...
  10. Japanese language/locale issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Japanese language/locale issue: So I'm trying to unpack a zipped file that contains files with names in Japanese. I currently have my locale set to Japan in order to get non-unicode programs to use Japanese as the system language and, likewise, I also have Japanese IME language installed. I frequently use...