Windows 10: System lock on wake - very specific error - please advise

Discus and support System lock on wake - very specific error - please advise in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so very occasionally I wake up my Windows 10 64 system, and it's immediately locked up with a red cross at the network icon bottom right of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DannyG13, Aug 21, 2019.

1. DannyG13 Win User

System lock on wake - very specific error - please advise

Hi, so very occasionally I wake up my Windows 10 64 system, and it's immediately locked up with a red cross at the network icon bottom right of the login screen.

Have to hard reset.

Without going into any further details, is this a known bug and what can I do about it?

If more info needed, I'll happily supply.

Cheers for any help.

:)

DannyG13, Aug 21, 2019

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 21, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 21, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

1. System lock on wake - very specific error - please advise - Similar Threads - System lock wake

2. Please advise as to how to unlock my laptop you locked up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please advise as to how to unlock my laptop you locked up for no reason.: Please advise as to how to unlock my laptop you locked up for no reason.Some time ago Microsoft locked up my 13 year old Dell laptop when I powered it up to catch up on maintenance. I recall opening a ticket and they could offer no explanation as to why it was done. What I...
  3. Very Specific Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Specific Help: Hello. My laptop has a Num Lock right above the trackpad and I was wondering if I could bound that to the login password. Something along the lines of this: Laptop Starts and Asks for Login > I press the num lock key > laptop unlocks and goes to desktop. I would really...
  4. Can anyone advise please - W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone advise please - W10: W10 in it’s entirety. Having tried this Op System since February this year- There are so many reasons why this doesn’t function to my satisfaction. Other Users have expressed, in a clear itemised way on other sites & blogs why they are unhappy with W10 - that I...
  5. Please Advise Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Advise Me: Hi, Please advise me , i received Message About activate Win.10, I Have the same p.c. serial No. Same Microsoft Account . So ,what is the problem? Thank you for your reply...
  6. System lock on wake - very specific error - please advise

in Windows 10 Support
    System lock on wake - very specific error - please advise: Hi, so very occasionally I wake up my Windows 10 64 system, and it's immediately locked up with a red cross at the network icon bottom right of the login screen. Have to hard reset. Without going into any further details, is this a known bug and what can I do about it? If...
  7. BlueScreen Error - Please advise

BlueScreen Error - Please advise: Hi, My windows 10 PC keeps keeps restarting to due to Bluescreen errors. Tends to happen when I'm not even using my PC. PC is up to date with updates. Please help if possible. Thanks so much. I can provide minidump file at a later stage. Thanks. Mark Error message:...
  8. Internal Messaging System Advise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Messaging System Advise: Hi there, I am looking for a internal email style messaging system for an internal network that is not connected to the internet. I have AD running on a Windows 2016 server. Could anyone recommend anything please? Thank you in advance. . 131294
  9. BSOD Registry-Error. Please Advise

BSOD Registry-Error. Please Advise: Hello, I'm hoping I can get some assistance in addressing the BSOD I've been receiving lately. The reason stated is Registry_Error but no specific code is given on the blue screen. This is not happening in Safe Mode with Networking. I've uninstalled GPU Drivers. My...
  10. very import lost emails please advise or help thanks!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very import lost emails please advise or help thanks!: I am usually pretty computer savee for a number of decades now .. but have run into a situation where I am here to ask for help.. I do have windows 10 and I also have windows xp pro both on a Hardrive C: it is a dual boot hardrive . .when I boot up I have option of picking...