Windows 10: System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump

Discus and support System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to diagnose this issue I've been having the past few weeks, it happens randomly. I've not had a crash in weeks yet today I had two. My PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SlayTheRats, Aug 26, 2020.

1. System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump

I am trying to diagnose this issue I've been having the past few weeks, it happens randomly. I've not had a crash in weeks yet today I had two. My PC will lock up before rebooting itself it does not BSOD nor does it create a crash dump. I made sure my computer was set to create dump files but it doesn't in this instance. The only event marked "Critical" in the event viewer is a error 41 which from what I can tell is a pretty generic message with no real indication of what could be happening.

I have updated all my drivers and bios etc, run malware and ccleaner to try to detect and issues there but I am at a loss to what is causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have:
    Ryzen5 1600
    GTX 1050
    16gb 8x2 Gskill trident ddr4 3000 Running at 2133
    Asrock AB350 Pro 4 Motherboard
    Corsair Mx550 PSU

:)

SlayTheRats, Aug 26, 2020
  2. dig0 Win User

BSOD Help (also crashes without BSODs and dump files)

The rebooting issue I am suffering does not generate a blue screen or dump files. After doing some research, it was recommended that I try running Windows' driver reviewer to stress the drivers and potentially generate BSODs to gain some insight into what could be causing the aforementioned reboots. Once I began running reviewer, that is when I was able to create blue screens and the dump files that I attached to this post. Hopefully, they are pointing me in the right direction; however, I am a bit skeptical. Since I cannot seem to cause a reboot using cpu, ram, or gpu stress tests, I find it very difficult to pinpoint whether my problem is with hardware or software. I hope your suggestion to uninstall Panda fixes the problem, but only time will tell.

3. Rebooting during games (no BSoD or dumps)

99% ?? Ummm, not in my experience. Often, yes. But it could also be heat. Or sometimes RAM. Or leaky caps. Or any number of other things. No BSOD (or Event Log entries) simply means the crash was so sudden, Windows didn't have time to toss up a error or write a log entry.

Wait! When I said earlier the logs did not state CPU temps, we got a reply saying they never went over 50°C. But I just realized that Pill Monster said that, not Dark_Oppressor. How do you know that, PM?

I ask Dark_Oppressor, what are your CPU temps?

As far as that Coolmax being a good PSU to test with, I think it is an excellent PSU to test with. If your system remains stable with this poorly rated Coolmax PSU, then that would even further suggest the other PSU was your problem.

Bill_Bright, Aug 26, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump

BSOD Help (also crashes without BSODs and dump files)

Random reboots aren't the same as bluescreens, there are a few different crashes

1. Freeze crash, nothing responds anymore so it is impossible to create a dump because the functions can't be called and also nothing is actually triggering the function for a bluescreen for whatever reason,
    2. Shutdown/restart crash, the system doesn't have the time for it,
    3. Bluescreen crash, this is actually a real system crash, at least I wouldn't call a freeze and shutdown/restart a real system crash.

Only with bluescreens dumps are generated.

Thema:

System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump

1. System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump - Similar Threads - System Locks before

2. Crashing bluescreen and reboot with no errors of dumps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing bluescreen and reboot with no errors of dumps?: Hi, i have a lenovo y520 laptop with a pcie m2 ssd and sata ssd, 24gb ram ad genuine windows with the laptop.So the last fer months it was randomly rebooting blue screen and it shows no error code in the log and also says dump creation failed.What ive done upto now.Windows...
  3. Crashing bluescreen and reboot with no errors of dumps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing bluescreen and reboot with no errors of dumps?: Hi, i have a lenovo y520 laptop with a pcie m2 ssd and sata ssd, 24gb ram ad genuine windows with the laptop.So the last fer months it was randomly rebooting blue screen and it shows no error code in the log and also says dump creation failed.What ive done upto now.Windows...
  4. Crashing bluescreen and reboot with no errors of dumps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD, crash dump included

BSOD, crash dump included: this computer of mine has been very abusive and unreliable for the last month. it's constantly throwing up blue screens but the damn blue screen goes away so fast i can't see what stop code it's giving me. i've tried re-installing windows, windows updates, driver updates,...
  6. system locks up until reboot

in Cortana
    system locks up until reboot: after W10 upgrade installation upon turning on the system all works fine, if I leave the work station and computer goes into sleep mode It become locked and I can not use the machine again without rebooting ... the system locks in in cortina and must be rebooted.?...
  7. System keeps locking up and crashing

System keeps locking up and crashing: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff802501e2380, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ed9ad44e-bb46-46f0-89b6-d9cdb6748b2f. I have uploaded the mini...
  8. Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash: Hey everyone, So I've never posted before, but wasn't sure where to go next. Corsair isn't really helping on their customer support, but I'm determined to get to the bottom of this none the less. The short story is, I got a new keyboard as a gift (Corsair), but I'm...
  9. PC reboots before dumping minidump after BSOD

PC reboots before dumping minidump after BSOD: Hi everyone! I've been having some random BSODs lately, they seem to happen regardless of activity (when idle, browsing internet, games, etc.). I'm trying to diagnose the problem but windows isn't creating minidump files. When a BSOD happens, the usual sad face screen...
  10. Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump): Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself, I felt I should ask for help. I am running Windows 10 (64-bit), but this problem also occurred on 8.1 and 7 (both 64-bit) with clean installations. I am also dual booting...