Windows 10: System lockups then shutsdown

Discus and support System lockups then shutsdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After leaving an 3d application ,sometimes system locksup ,monitor goes to sleep and Windows restarts . Any idea what may be the cause and where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MtSeldon, Nov 30, 2019.

1. MtSeldon Win User

System lockups then shutsdown

After leaving an 3d application ,sometimes system locksup ,monitor goes to sleep and Windows restarts .

Any idea what may be the cause and where should I be checking for errors?

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 144
    Parameter 1: 3003
    Parameter 2: ffff91865a63a6b0
    Parameter 3: 40010000
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_18363
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
    USBHUB3-20190914-1744.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    WERInternalMetadata.xml
    WERInternalRequest.xml
    memory.csv
    sysinfo.txt

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: 7f
    Parameter 1: 8
    Parameter 2: ffffaf80d7b4b090
    Parameter 3: ffff990275c61fe0
    Parameter 4: fffff8073fe6b506
    OS version: 10_0_18363
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

:)

MtSeldon, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

3. Windows 10 lockup

Hello Tony,

There are several possible reasons why Windows 10 gets lockup. It could be due to compatibility issues, software conflicts, or system file corruptions. To resolved this issue, we suggest performing the methods
    below:

Method 1:

We suggest that you run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3: DISM Commands.

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM.

Refer to this article on how to perform DISM commands.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 30, 2019
  4. System lockups then shutsdown

Windows 10 lockups

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • When you say, "lockup happened again" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you able to Login your system?
    Please get back to us with the information asked above so we can provide you an effective solution on this matter.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

System lockups then shutsdown

1. System lockups then shutsdown - Similar Threads - System lockups shutsdown

2. Laptop shutsdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutsdown: I am facing few issues in my W10 laptop Ilife Zed.1Without pressing power button when I put for charging,laptop will turn on and shutdown within 2 sec. 2 To turn on laptop at least I need to hold power button for 15sec otherwise it will shutdown.Initially it keeps turning off...
  3. System Sleep-Permanent Lockup

in Windows 10 Support
    System Sleep-Permanent Lockup: All: Occasionally (about 1 time per week or so), when my HP laptop begins to go to sleep mode (after a period of inactivity or when 'Start/Power/Sleep' is selected), the system never makes it to sleep. The screen goes to a solid color and a spinning clock like symbol spins at...
  4. Windows lockups

Windows lockups: Hello, i decided to upgrade the case and nemory on my system and ran into issues. Before the change everything was fine. I swapped the case, added 16m more identical ran for 32g total. First boot i got an error, did sys repair and didn't work. Followed with safe mide and was...
  5. system reset lockup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system reset lockup: I've been trying to reload windows 10 after attempting a factory reset, and having it get stuck in a reboot loop at 64%. So I created a media install on a USB flash-drive, changed my boot order, and attempted to follow the standard path to a successful reset. Once I got to...
  6. Windows 10 system lockup

Windows 10 system lockup: Ever since the latest major updates to version 2004 my PC has been locking up randomly, sometimes even when I have been in the middle of keying into an application. I have done all I can to ensure that there is paging space on the main disk drive. I run AVG Tuneup whenever...
  7. System shutsdown abruptly

in Windows 10 Support
    System shutsdown abruptly: after running for a while, my laptop just powers off with no warning without regard to what was being run. My current suspicion is overheating, but how can i track the true cause. 162599
  8. My system shutsdown after a few hours of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My system shutsdown after a few hours of inactivity: Upon looking into the system log, I found following events: Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client" Guid="{1c95126e-7eea-49a9-a3fe-a378b03ddb4d}" /> <EventID>1014</EventID>...
  9. Page lockup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Page lockup: Running win 10 and keep getting this zenus message and to call microsoft to remove which is a scam. I just ctl,alt, delete and reboot and its gone. then maybe back in a day or so. Is not there a software that will block this and not let it on? I have 360 sercuriy on my unit...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...