Windows 10: System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.

Discus and support System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good evening. I used Skype everyday on Windows 8 and Ubuntu, and I was used to configure the system to not do nothing with sound volume while on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrunoHartmann da Silva, Mar 28, 2020.

1. System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.

Good evening.

I used Skype everyday on Windows 8 and Ubuntu, and I was used to configure the system to not do nothing with sound volume while on a Skype call.

However a month ago I bought a new Dell laptop which has Windows 10 installed. As usual, I went in sound configuration and checked "Do nothing". But every time a make a call the system still reduces all other volume to such a level that sometimes I can barely hear a video or music playing with the sound at 100%.

When I change the sound format in device properties while playing music, no matter to what configuration, the sound comes back to normal for a second, and then goes back to a minimum.

I have searched for a solution all this time but was not able to find one.

What should I do?

Thank you very much.

:)

BrunoHartmann da Silva, Mar 28, 2020

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 28, 2020
  3. John Doe Win User
    How to lower volume on Skype (Windows 10)

I am using Skype on Windows 10, and there are no menus at the top (as shown in the image) and there is nowhere to click to lower volume when in a call. What I wish to do is to make the sound from that call lower, while keeping other sound from other apps as normal. Is this possible? I remember that before, there was a connection bar you could click when in a call to adjust volume, but this is no longer there. Also I find it strange that there is no menu, perhaps I have a wrong version of Skype?

System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls. h1cIm.png

John Doe, Mar 28, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.

Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.

1. System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls. - Similar Threads - System lowering sounds

2. Skype video freezing during call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype video freezing during call: Skype video keeps freezing during a call from UK to BC Canada.Always had a issue with skype and even now with Fibre Broadband of 23Mbps using wifi or ethernet of 26Mbps, fully updated. No matter whether my VPN is used or not using a HP laptop.The canadian connection using...
  3. Skype video freezing during call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype video freezing during call: Skype video keeps freezing during a call from UK to BC Canada.Always had a issue with skype and even now with Fibre Broadband of 23Mbps using wifi or ethernet of 26Mbps, fully updated. No matter whether my VPN is used or not using a HP laptop.The canadian connection using...
  4. Headset with no sound during calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset with no sound during calls: Hi, I'm using the Sony WH-1000xm4 headphones, I run Win10 20H2 build 19042.630 last updated on a Razer Blade 15 2020. On a normal use there is NO PROBLEM at all, the sounds are great, I can hear everything and if I go to playback devices on sound settings I can see the...
  5. Skype installing on windows 10 without permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skype installing on windows 10 without permission: I rarely shut down my computer but today when i did and turned it back on i saw a skype icon. No one touches this computer but me, so is this just windows stealth installing stuff? submitted by /u/the_manin_black [link] [comments]...
  6. Display errors during and after Skype calls?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display errors during and after Skype calls?: Hello, during and after Skype calls I get many different display errors. the colours "blur" so the colors are displayed offset from the actual location (You can imagine it like in the old 3D movies, for which you had to wear these blue-red glasses) the mouse is...
  7. Skype for Business keeps lowering Windows and other software sound during chat...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype for Business keeps lowering Windows and other software sound during chat...: Hi all, as the title says, every time I receive a chat notification or a call and during the call all the other volumes keep lowering down. I don't want it to lower anything, because sometimes it "freezes" with the volume lowered, always after a Skype call. And the only 2...
  8. Flickering and BSODs during Skype conference calls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flickering and BSODs during Skype conference calls: When I am in Skype conference calls with more than perhaps 5 video streams on my Lenovo Yoga 710 14IKB, my screen flickers frequently, and sometimes I have BSODs, with the message VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. I am on Windows 10 version 1909. V2 log:...
  9. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  10. Skype constantly losing Mic during calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype constantly losing Mic during calls: Hello, I've been having an issue with Skype and Windows 10 Pro. If I use Skype while on my desktop, and open a program like Chrome or even my volume setting s manager, Skype loses my mic and the person on the other side of my call can no longer hear me. All of my drivers...