Windows 10: System Makes Device regularly makes device disconnect sound at screen sleep with second...

Discus and support System Makes Device regularly makes device disconnect sound at screen sleep with second... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new up to date system HP Envy AiO with an external monitor also HP Envy. Recently purchased. When the system goes into screen sleep Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Condry, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Condry Win User

System Makes Device regularly makes device disconnect sound at screen sleep with second...

I have a new up to date system HP Envy AiO with an external monitor also HP Envy. Recently purchased.

When the system goes into screen sleep Windows repeats the device disconnect sound and sometimes device connect. The system was returned to HP, they put new motherboard and reinstalled the Windows.

Out of the box, with no extra software added it still happens. After escalating to the top of customer support HP says the problem is windows. However, I also have a laptop with an HDMI port and this does not happen if I connect it to the same monitor.

Guessing, I suspect that the system likely BIOS is sending a message to Windows that is not the code it is expecting and thus windows assumes the device is disconnected. Then some other part of the system, maybe the driver, tests the port and indicates the external monitor is there. Then it cycles all over again causing the repeated noise.

If there is any tool that would allow me to check a log .e.g, event viewer and see where this process is failing I would greatly appreciate it. I did check with Intel and Nvidia diagnostic tools and that did not show anything. HP diagnostics both BIOS and system does not show any issue.

The HP escalation support person had heard of the issue, but it appears not to be consistent - that I why I suspect some code from BIOS is wrong, windows says device is gone, another part of windows or drivers, says it is connected and the whole process is over and over.

Yes, system is updated. Windows 10 Home.

:)

Condry, Oct 20, 2020
  2. peteyt Win User

Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10.

I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes every minute. Sometimes not as frequent but usually very frequent.

I have noticed a few things - In task manager the Com Surrogate process closes when the sound is heard. In device manager when the sound is heard device manager refreshes.

However I can't find what's causing the issue. Is there anyone having this issue?

I may have actually fixed this by unplugging my HDMI cable in and out strangely. I am just waiting to make sure

peteyt, Oct 20, 2020
  3. JJM256 Win User
    Windows 10 making sound of disconnect device while in sleep mode

The disconnect device sound comes up while in sleep mode only and it keeps repeating it every 1 or 2 minutes.

JJM256, Oct 20, 2020
  4. SirChick Win User

System Makes Device regularly makes device disconnect sound at screen sleep with second...

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

This is literally driving me to insanity.

I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device.

It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected device sound, the device manager refreshes the list.

I noticed also the task bar of open windows flash when it happens. I dunno why this is happening, it is driving me insane. Please help i need solutions to this problem, i don't know where to being to solve this problem.

SirChick, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. System Makes Device regularly makes device disconnect sound at screen sleep with second... - Similar Threads - System Makes Device

2. Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound.: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I'm...
  3. OneDrive makes System Restore unusable on multiple devices!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive makes System Restore unusable on multiple devices!: I was attempting to use System Restore to correct an issue, and got a similar OneDrive error that I've seen in the past. Apparently when I create System Restore points with my school OneDrive linked to Windows, the restore point is unusable and terminates almost immediately...
  4. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  5. Incessant Device Disconnect Sound but not USB device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incessant Device Disconnect Sound but not USB device: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/g8trtim [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh2vnw/incessant_device_disconnect_sound_but_not_usb/
  6. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  7. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  8. AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so: Since installing Windows 10 I've been bothered by "Device Disconnected" sounds about every 10 seconds or so. I just turned off the sound until I could investigate further. I found that the AES2501B fingerprint reader device is the culprit as disabling it stopped the...
  9. Unknown Device Disconnected sounds

Unknown Device Disconnected sounds: I am getting numerous Device Disconnected sounds and occasionally Device Connected sounds. I am trying to trace the source of these and started looking in the event logs. There does not appear to be any events with Critical or Error tags showing. Should the Device...
  10. Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly: I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10. I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes every minute. Sometimes not as frequent but usually very frequent. I have noticed a few things - In task manager the...