Windows 10: System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update

Discus and support System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On April 11, 2019, my System Mechanic updated itself to version 18.7.0.64, and it was the fastest upgrade to date. As per usual, it deleted the older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkinWPG, Apr 21, 2019.

1. MarkinWPG Win User

System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update

On April 11, 2019, my System Mechanic updated itself to version 18.7.0.64, and it was the fastest upgrade to date. As per usual, it deleted the older version, and then reinstalled the newer version. However, in the process of doing so, it apparently never reinstalled the Toolkit.exe file, so that as of April 14, 2019, I keep getting the error message: "System File is missing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Phoenix360\System Mechanic\Toolkit.exe".

I noticed that a similar question was posted by David Hodge, and shows as being resolved in January, 2019, but no satisfactory details were actually provided. Instead, it was just a back and forth exchange between two coders, that were announcing their expertise dating back to the 1960's. I can do without arguing, and just would appreciate some useful assistance.

I have already attempted to contact iolo's technical support team, but keep getting bounced around between their 2CO/Avangate Support Team and iolo's useless support webpage, that only allows the creation of a new user account. I have a back up disc for an older version of System Mechanic, but I am afraid to install it, since my newer version is paid up to March 10, 2020, and I don't want to mess it up somehow.

My PC is an Asus desktop; AMD A8-6500 APU (64 bit); Windows 10 Home; version 1803 (OS build 17134.556). Does anybody have any helpful advice?

:)

MarkinWPG, Apr 21, 2019

2. Problem installing System Mechanic 18

I have 3 PC's, with different ASUS motherboards, all running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; I have been trying to install System Mechanic 18, but while it will load with no problems on one PC, on the other two I get "There was an error retrieving the installation
    file: Error Code [300]", even though each time I run the same exe file from the same USB stick.

David-Hodge, Apr 21, 2019
  3. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update :(

lyndonguitar, Apr 21, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

1. System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update - Similar Threads - System Mechanic version

2. Files deleted after update, system restore led to blue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files deleted after update, system restore led to blue.: After allowing an update, I turned on the PC, and all my files were deleted. I attempted a system restore, and after a full day of waiting, it finally presented a blue screen with two admin emails to choose from, though there should have only been one— and the other one that...
  3. Files deleted after update, system restore led to blue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files deleted after update, system restore led to blue.: After allowing an update, I turned on the PC, and all my files were deleted. I attempted a system restore, and after a full day of waiting, it finally presented a blue screen with two admin emails to choose from, though there should have only been one— and the other one that...
  4. Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7: Hi guys, i would like to know if it is possible to image my entire laptop after first bootup without first installing reflect on the laptop itself. My intention is basically create a macrium rescue media on a different win10 laptop, boot up my brand spanking new laptop for...
  5. Changed e-mail after update and removed System Mechanic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed e-mail after update and removed System Mechanic: After updating Windows 10, I had to download System Mechanic. Not a serious problem, but now my Charter e-mail won't download my mail. I accidentally discovered my Charter e-mail when I went to Outlook. I did not ask, nor do I want my Charter e-mail on Outlook. I tried a...
  6. System Mechanic app

System Mechanic app: Why can't I access my System Mechanic app that I have used for years? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic-app/24f293dd-84f8-4376-a290-f1e05f485777
  7. system mechanic

system mechanic: System Mechanic has disappeared from my system. It is paid through 01/04/2022. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/6032535b-b9c2-4223-a835-0ce9353f0738
  8. Microsoft blocks System Mechanic from updating. Why?

Microsoft blocks System Mechanic from updating. Why?: Microsoft keeps blocking my Spyware from System Mechanic every time and I update it. Shuts it down blocks my icon telling me I can no longer use it. How can I fix this and get whatever is doing this blocked and stop messing up my System Mechanic repairs? I am getting sick...
  9. system mechanic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system mechanic: i bought this PC performance disk for this computer my wife got from her grand parents and i cant seem to get the thing do do what its post to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/664372d8-3ece-4365-a721-497aeae11166
  10. Problem installing System Mechanic 18

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing System Mechanic 18: I have 3 PC's, with different ASUS motherboards, all running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; I have been trying to install System Mechanic 18, but while it will load with no problems on one PC, on the other two I get "There was an error retrieving the installation file: Error Code...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system mechanic does not show up on program list windows 10

2. system mechanic update not working

3. how do you uninstall system mechnic 18.7

4. file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Phoenix360\System Mechanic\SystemMechanic.exe,
  5. why system mechanic 18.7 file:///c:\program files (x86)\phoenix360\system mechanic\systemmechanic windows 10