Windows 10: System microphone picks up sound, returns intense feedback

Discus and support System microphone picks up sound, returns intense feedback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to do a Zoom conference meeting, but when I enable my microphone in my settings, and test it, it picks up every tiny noise and turns it into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JessWent, Mar 25, 2020.

1. JessWent Win User

System microphone picks up sound, returns intense feedback

I need to do a Zoom conference meeting, but when I enable my microphone in my settings, and test it, it picks up every tiny noise and turns it into extremely 'shrieky' feedback. I need help getting my microphone to work.

I've ran all system checks, and they say they can't diagnose or fix the problem.

Windows 10 OS. Other than that, I am really not tech savvy, but I can follow directions.

:)

JessWent, Mar 25, 2020

2. Microphone is picking up the laptop's sounds.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10.

I understand your concern about using Microphone as expected on Windows 10, we will assist you with this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select the
      Recording Devices menu.

• In the Recording
      tab of Sounds window, you will notice the microphone which is active, i.e. the one with a green tick mark. Right click on the active microphone and select its
      Properties.

• Select the Levels Tab. This tab exhibits you two sections:
      Microphone andMicrophone Boost.

• Use the sliders to modify your volume settings. You can take the Microphone Boost slider up to +40 dB. To save the changes click on Ok.

If you do the modification while the conversation goes on then you will get the immediate feedback of the output sound from the end user and so you can adjust the volume using the sliders as per requirement.

Method 2:

• Right click on Start to open the Power User Menu.

• Click on Control panel and then on
      Sound.

• Click on the Communication tab in the sound window. You will see four options under
      When Windows detects Communication activities.

• Click on the radio button next to
      Do nothing. Click on Apply and then
      OK. You might need to restart the computer to implement the changes.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    microphone speaker feedback

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say that, “you receive feedback between the microphone and the speaker” are you referring to the voice that repeats when you say something on the Microphone?
    • Are you using an inbuilt microphone or an external microphone? If you are using an external microphone, please help us with the make and model of the microphone.
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

If you want to listen to the things on your headphone that you say on the Microphone you can try changing the Listen to this device option for the Microphone that you are using and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change
    the settings.

1. Right click on Sound icon on the
      Taskbar
      and select Open Sound Settings.
    2. Click on Sound Control Panel.
    3. Click on Recording tab.
    4. Double click on the Microphone that you are using.
    5. Click on Listen Tab.
    6. Select Listen to this device
      if you want to listen to your voice on the Headphone or Clear
      Listen to this device if you do not want to listen to your voice on the Headphone.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Arcadian Win User

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. System microphone picks up sound, returns intense feedback - Similar Threads - System microphone picks

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  4. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microphone picks up no sound!

My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  6. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  7. Sound system and mic system not picking up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound system and mic system not picking up.: It all started when I got my new computer and connected my headphones and for some reason my mic didn't work. So hours after trying to figure this out I restart it and what do you know the audio didn't work either. All help would be supportive, thanks! submitted by...
  8. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  9. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...
  10. Microphone picks up computer sound

Microphone picks up computer sound: I have recently had a problem where my microphone will take output sounds of my computer such as music or videos and games even when my microphone is not turned on. This seemed to be happening ever since I got my headphones plugged in as I recently built a new computer and...