Windows 10: System Monitoring

Discus and support System Monitoring in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Quick question good people, Can anyone offer any insight to a good monitoring tool to view pc temperature, fan speed, drive info, etc...... I had one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cromeo, Aug 4, 2021.

1. cromeo Win User

System Monitoring

Quick question good people, Can anyone offer any insight to a good monitoring tool to view pc temperature, fan speed, drive info, etc...... I had one before I bought this PC and my other one crashed, ( it was 15 years old though ), but low and behold I forgot what it was called. Any help is indeed appreciated. Thank you in advance. I am running WINDOWS 10 Home, all specs are in my profile.

:)

cromeo, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

System Monitoring

Why does the System Tray only appear on my secondary monitor?

Hi Fred,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to make your laptop the main display:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Choose the number of your preferred monitor under Customize your display. (Click
      Identify to show the number of your preferred monitor)
    • Check the Make this my main display box.
    • Click Apply.

You may also try this method:

• Right-click the main taskbar, then uncheck the Lock all taskbars.
    • Drag the main taskbar to your preferred screen.
    • Right-click again the main taskbar and check the Lock all taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

System Monitoring

1. System Monitoring - Similar Threads - System Monitoring

2. How to Limit Most Programs to One Monitor in Multi-Monitor System

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Limit Most Programs to One Monitor in Multi-Monitor System: I want all programs but Photoshop to open on Monitor 2.Sometimes when I already have an application open, and open a new instance, that new instance gets put on monitor 1, which is OFF. Usually using {Windows}+{right arrow} will move the application window over to the ON...
  3. Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.: An update was installed yesterday on my surface pro running windows 10, the initial issue was that windows hello face recognition stopped working along with an external usb connected monitor. Fingerprint was broken as well but I wasn't using that. After investigation and...
  4. PC monitors go blank after system restore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC monitors go blank after system restore.: After the recent windows 10 update, I was getting an error whenever I tried to log into my PC. "sihost.exe: A hard error has occurred." or something along those lines. I was able to boot my PC in safe mode and attempted to do a system restore to before the windows update....
  5. Windows System Restore: Monitored File Name Extensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows System Restore: Monitored File Name Extensions: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/martin_m_n_novy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhryb7/windows_system_restore_monitored_file_name/
  6. HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor: Hello, i'm using two monitors and a sound system that is recognizing as a 3th monitor It's anoying when i open a new window and it goes to the 3th monitor and i cant see it because it is not a monitor. I wan't to keep using the soung system but "blocking" it to not actualy...
  7. Can't enable HDR on multi monitor system when all SDR displays are disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable HDR on multi monitor system when all SDR displays are disabled: I have a multi monitor setup with 1 HDR-capable display connected via HDMI cable and two non-HDR capable displays connected via DisplayPort. I use HDR display for gaming and two others for work. I usually just switch between displays when I want to change my activity. My...
  8. Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system: Sorry to trouble you all but I was wondering if anybody would be able to advise me on the below: I have multiple monitors linked up but one is now showing as "Display 2 isn't active" But also says "Display 2: Connected to IntelR HD Graphics 4000" But when I am in display...
  9. Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System

in Windows 10 Support
    Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System: I have a two-monitor system. The monitors are setup such that the primary monitor is on the right. I rarely use the secondary monitor, so it is off most of the time. When the left (secondary) monitor is off, Windows lets the mouse fly off the screen (to the right.) I would...
  10. Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver won’t start / monitor won’t sleep / system won’t sleep: I’ve recently built a PC and it’s running the latest version of Windows 10. Everything was working great for the last month and then a couple of days ago I noticed the screensaver wasn’t starting and the monitors wouldn’t go to sleep later, and to top it off the system...