Windows 10: System not booting after CPU change

Discus and support System not booting after CPU change in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded my older system (socket 775). In Bios it recognizes all memory and also new CPU. It starts booting Windows 10 64bit but theres no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VladimírLaibl, Nov 22, 2018.

1. System not booting after CPU change

Hello, I upgraded my older system (socket 775). In Bios it recognizes all memory and also new CPU. It starts booting Windows 10 64bit but theres no spinning circle and HDD LED shows no activity. When i try to boot some other system like Win 7 or Win XP, it boots up fine.

I also tried Windows Installation USB but there is same problem,... no spinning circle.

Can somebody please help me with this? Thanks

:)

VladimírLaibl, Nov 22, 2018
  2. gygabite Win User

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

System not booting after CPU change

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

System not booting after CPU change

1. System not booting after CPU change - Similar Threads - System booting CPU

2. no boot after cpu swap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no boot after cpu swap: I swapped my i3-4130 to a i7-4790 the cpu does not look damaged. i get a blank screen when i try to boot up the fans turn on but no display i know the motherboard is compatible with 4th gen LGA1150 processors is it something to do with my old cpu not having integrated...
  3. Cant activate my system after hardware change motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate my system after hardware change motherboard and CPU: Like the topic. I get the messege that troubleshooting was not succesful and I need support help. I've been waiting for support call from yesterday... :...
  4. Cant activate my system after hardware change motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant activate my system after hardware change motherboard and CPU: Like the topic. I get the messege that troubleshooting was not succesful and I need support help. I've been waiting for support call from yesterday... :...
  5. System crashes and other problems after bios update and CPU change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes and other problems after bios update and CPU change.: Hello i have been experiencing these issues ever since i changed my cpu and updated my bios version to support the cpu 5800x3D on AM4 platform.Crashes occur usually when the PC is being utilized and not on idle such as gaming.. Crashes give these codes at random as in, just...
  6. System crashes and other problems after bios update and CPU change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashes and other problems after bios update and CPU change.: Hello i have been experiencing these issues ever since i changed my cpu and updated my bios version to support the cpu 5800x3D on AM4 platform.Crashes occur usually when the PC is being utilized and not on idle such as gaming.. Crashes give these codes at random as in, just...
  7. System crashes and other problems after bios update and CPU change.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 100% cpu usage after boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% cpu usage after boot: Basically when i boot my pc after few seconds my CPU starts running at 100% but it goes to normal once i open the task manager, it doesnt leave me the time to look at which process is using the cpu. i first noticed this when i booted my pc and went afk, came back and saw the...
  9. Windows takes 20+ minutes to boot after cpu change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes 20+ minutes to boot after cpu change: I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1400 to a Ryzen 5 3600, making sure to update the bios beforehand. However, Windows now takes 20 minutes on the blue logo with spinning white dots. When windows does boot up, all programs and games on my ssd (which is what windows is...
  10. Slow boot after changing system locale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow boot after changing system locale: I had a problem where my computer takes more than 10 minutes to boot up (usually takes 16 seconds). I couldn't fix it so I had tried a clean install and it works fine. Today I changed my system locale and restarted my computer, the problem reappeared again. So I reckon that...