Windows 10: system not responding to commands

Discus and support system not responding to commands in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community, When running windows explorer the system will often stall and there are times my mouse will not function or it will not operate a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DouglasGrant4, May 30, 2019.

1. system not responding to commands

Hello Community,

When running windows explorer the system will often stall and there are times

my mouse will not function or it will not operate a function when clicking onto it

such as exiting a window or rebooting the system.

The whole system will freeze up and then the only solution for me is to turn off my computer without reboot.

What are the fixes to the freeze up glitches?

Thanks

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

DouglasGrant4, May 30, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile system not responding to commands :)

3. D Gittins Win User
    Cortana won't respond to commands.

• Have you tried installing any pending updates on your device?

Yes. I've installed all available updates from MS.
    • What are the steps have you done so far to isolate the issue?

I've run the troubleshooter. I've verified that the mic works for all other apps.
    • Have you tried restarting your device? By simply restarting your device or PC can resolve the issue.

I've restarted many times. The problem has been persistent for months.

When I say, 'Hey Cortana' it initially responds. The circle starts turning as if waiting for my command. But it doesn't respond to any further commands.

The microphone is obviously working because Cortana hears the "Hey Cortana" command but does not respond to any further voice commands. There's no indication from the graph that Cortana hears anything after the initial "Hey Cortana" command.

D Gittins, May 30, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

system not responding to commands

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 30, 2019
Thema:

system not responding to commands

1. system not responding to commands - Similar Threads - system responding commands

2. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  3. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  4. Windows Not Responding to commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Responding to commands: Hi All,Not sure why its happening but windows isn't responding to certain commands. Whenever I try to search in the windows start menu it just buffers, if I try open the settings for WiFi or Bluetooth etc nothing happens. I can open files that are on the desktop. I have run...
  5. Windows Not Responding to commands

Windows Not Responding to commands: Hi All,Not sure why its happening but windows isn't responding to certain commands. Whenever I try to search in the windows start menu it just buffers, if I try open the settings for WiFi or Bluetooth etc nothing happens. I can open files that are on the desktop. I have run...
  6. Keyboard not working or responding to command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working or responding to command: Thank you for your help. The keyboard doesn't respond to command, space bar or clicks don't work. The keys don't function or respond again, it make the system look as if it is slow or freezing. Do i need to take it to the repair guy....
  7. Keyboard not working or responding to command

Keyboard not working or responding to command: Thank you for your help. The keyboard doesn't respond to command, space bar or clicks don't work. The keys don't function or respond again, it make the system look as if it is slow or freezing. Do i need to take it to the repair guy....
  8. Keyboard not working or responding to command

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Cortana not responding to voice commands.

in Cortana
    Cortana not responding to voice commands.: Every time I need to talk to cortana, I am required to hit the mic button so that cortana can start listening to me. I even tried going to settings and turned on the "Hey cortana" option on. Still I have to press the mic button every time. The voice command "Hey cortana" is...
  10. Certain commands not responding

in Cortana
    Certain commands not responding: Hi, Sorry to trouble you but I am just starting to use speech to text in Windows 10. I have studied the tutorials and made reasonable progress but I am stuck on selecting certain commands. The main one is when I want to insert a commer. The program always responds by...