Windows 10: System not running after an update

Discus and support System not running after an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Yesterday (4th Sep 2018) an update was installed on my computer during shutdown. Everything went properly, the installation was not interrupted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mienco7, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Mienco7 Win User

System not running after an update

Hello!
    Yesterday (4th Sep 2018) an update was installed on my computer during shutdown. Everything went properly, the installation was not interrupted. Now the system is not loading - Windows 10 logo and a loading circle appear and then nothing happens (I even tried to wait for 2 hours). After a hard reset a "system fixing tool" is starting, but it ends with a black screen and a mouse, which can be moved.
    I tried booting the system from both DVD and USB, but it also didn't work - a blue screen with a mouse appears.
    How can I fix this problem?

Thanks

:)

Mienco7, Sep 5, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond System not running after an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 5, 2018
  3. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 5, 2018
  4. System not running after an update

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

System not running after an update

1. System not running after an update - Similar Threads - System running update

2. Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...: I am unable to uninstall it as it gives an error all updates failed to uninstall, rarely even when it unistalls it get reinstalled immediately after restart of PC.I also use net.exe stop sysmain to lower the burdenhere is some of CBS logs for your reference:-2023-08-29...
  3. Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...: I am unable to uninstall it as it gives an error all updates failed to uninstall, rarely even when it unistalls it get reinstalled immediately after restart of PC.here is some of CBS logs for your reference:-2023-08-29 15:35:51, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted Installer...
  4. Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...: I am unable to uninstall it as it gives an error all updates failed to uninstall, rarely even when it unistalls it get reinstalled immediately after restart of PC.here is some of CBS logs for your reference:-2023-08-29 15:35:51, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted Installer...
  5. Applications stopped running after a system crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications stopped running after a system crash.: Applications stopped running after a system crash. Reinstalled the discord and still won't start. And if you go through a hidden admin account, everything works. After the crash of the system, the discord started up normally and then after 5 minutes the application itself...
  6. Applications stopped running after a system crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications stopped running after a system crash.: Applications stopped running after a system crash. Reinstalled the discord and still won't start. And if you go through a hidden admin account, everything works. After the crash of the system, the discord started up normally and then after 5 minutes the application itself...
  7. Computer run slow after system restore and delete update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer run slow after system restore and delete update: Hi, Before this problem occurs, my computer is having an issue so I restore and delete updates. And when everything seems to turn normal again. I noticed my computer is running slower than usual. I tried to use the command prompt "sfc /scannow" but no problem detected....
  8. System crashed after running updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System crashed after running updates: Split from this thread. Hello, I'm Stacey and I need so much help, please... I have two different laptops that my husband and I got and when we ran updates on both pc's they crashed. The MSI Laptop is stuck in windows update adding files reboot and my ASUS is stuck in...
  9. system is running too slow after windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system is running too slow after windows 10 updates: my system is running is too slow after window 10 updates, specially booting time taking 5 to 6 minutes. how can I resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-is-running-too-slow-after-windows-10/d47c130c-2dee-4f8a-9296-f39cd868aeb8
  10. system running slow after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    system running slow after changing motherboard: I just switched to a new motherboard, its an ASRock H97M-ITX/ac. Before I turned off my pc with the old motherboard I uninstalled some devices like the IDE controllers, network adapters, and sound. Then I installed the new motherboard, turned on the pc and noticed right away...