Windows 10: system not using all ram HP laptop ??

Discus and support system not using all ram HP laptop ?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi i bought this laptop had ram upgraded at a shop, as i bought it used, installed windows 10 pro as i had retail key. but noticed not all my ram is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonyb, May 24, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

system not using all ram HP laptop ??

hi i bought this laptop had ram upgraded at a shop, as i bought it used, installed windows 10 pro as i had retail key. but noticed not all my ram is available and i can't quit figure out why, i'm so use to desktops maybe laptops different? here is a picture.

system not using all ram HP laptop ?? [​IMG]

:)

Tonyb, May 24, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 24, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 24, 2020
  4. system not using all ram HP laptop ??

Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, May 24, 2020
Thema:

system not using all ram HP laptop ??

1. system not using all ram HP laptop ?? - Similar Threads - system using ram

2. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?: Hello, first of all, sorry for my english , not my first language.Second of all, i just upgraded my RAM from 16GB to 32GB. The problem is, that windows sees 32gb but uses only 16GB. The rest is "reserved for hardware", which is wierd, because to my knowledge, this is for...
  3. My ram is not used at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ram is not used at all: Hello i have questions why my ram is not used allMy ram is 8gb but 3.44 used i don't know how tk fix it i try in msconfig but its say cannot apply original bootMy windows is windows 11 acer aspire es1 420Theres any solutions?...
  4. My ram is not used at all

My ram is not used at all: Hello i have questions why my ram is not used allMy ram is 8gb but 3.44 used i don't know how tk fix it i try in msconfig but its say cannot apply original bootMy windows is windows 11 acer aspire es1 420Theres any solutions?...
  5. use all ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  6. use all ram

use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  7. What is using all my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is using all my RAM?: [ATTACH] I have 16gb of RAM so idk why it's at 97%. It keeps doing this. https://preview.redd.it/oydle2k8zls51.png?width=663&format=png&auto=webp&s=266c856f02eff4f0fe169451a5c37cb8e463b731...
  8. Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram: Starting today, periodically my computer will slow down and freeze for a few seconds then go back to normal. I quick investigation shows my Ram being used 100! but the most a program is using (Chrome) is 9%. Process Monitor doesn't show any application using abnormal amounts...
  9. Windows is not using all the RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is not using all the RAM: I am using Windows 10 Professional, I recently noticed that my OS is not utilizing the entire RAMs installed in my computer. I have 16 gigs installed as 2X4 gigs in dual channel and 1X8 gigs out of the four RAM slots. The installed hardware is recognized in the BIOS and...
  10. Win 10 Not using all RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Not using all RAM: Hello, I just bought a new memory stick, and my pc is showing it has 8gb but only using 3.5 gb, which is the same as it was before. i cant see anything in my bios to change this, i have tried checking the maxmem in msconfig, that is off. I did a mem test which showed...