Windows 10: System not working due to corrupted files and registry

Discus and support System not working due to corrupted files and registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi MS team, I am having an issue with my windows 10 system. I am not able to update or install any software like MS Office the reason is due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vibhinpvs, May 24, 2020.

1. Vibhinpvs Win User

System not working due to corrupted files and registry

Hi MS team,

I am having an issue with my windows 10 system. I am not able to update or install any software like MS Office the reason is due to corrupted files and registers available

I tried to use all too like chckdisk sfc /scannow or dism but no use even they are not working it says there are corrupted file which cant be read or checked.

I even tried to reset the system but no use same problem occurs and not able to update also it gives code 0xc8000f3a which means mostly corrupted file are available but sfc scan and dism themself are not able to scan properly and gives error I tried both in Safe mood also and use recovery mode and repair in ISO file but no use.

Almost tried all repair commands and tools but nothing is working including resetting windows 10 is not working.

Kindly advice me how to repair the corrupted files and registers in my system.

:)

Vibhinpvs, May 24, 2020

2. Corrupted registry

Hi,

Your concern occurs due to some corruption on your system files. We suggest that you try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To perform this, follow the steps on this link.
    Steps mentioned on the link for Windows 8 and 8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Run DISM commands.

Follow the steps below on how to run the DISM commands:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

• In the Command Prompt, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Justin Emb, May 24, 2020
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 24, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Corrupted Registry Files

Hi,

This issue may be due to corrupted system files. To correct this, we suggest that you check these methods:

Method 1:
    Use the System File Checker (SFC) tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

If the SFC command fails to run properly or can’t replace a corrupted file with the correct one, the DISM command will Fix SFC Problems.

• Right click on the Windows icon, and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt window, type in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and press Enter.
    • Allow the command to finish running before closing the Command Prompt window. This may take five to ten minutes.
    • Restart your PC and you should then be able to run the System File Checker (SFC) tool successfully.

Method 2: Perform a clean boot in Windows 10.

This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. System not working due to corrupted files and registry - Similar Threads - System working due

2. Registry files corrupt or missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry files corrupt or missing: Hello,My Windows 10 Desktop doesn't boot up because whenever I turn my computer on, it shows a blue screen with the error code 0xc000014c and claims my registry files are missing or has errors and points to the file Windows\system32\config\system. After a bit of research, I...
  3. Registry files corrupt or missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry files corrupt or missing: Hello,My Windows 10 Desktop doesn't boot up because whenever I turn my computer on, it shows a blue screen with the error code 0xc000014c and claims my registry files are missing or has errors and points to the file Windows\system32\config\system. After a bit of research, I...
  4. Registry files corrupt or missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Corrupt registry files due to virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt registry files due to virus: Hi, I'm not the sort of girl to ask questions on forums, but I'm definitely in way over my head. Is there a way for me to repair this damage? I'm currently in safe mode. I noticed the issue because I keep getting a "Device attached to the system is not working" error with any...
  6. Corrupt registry files due to virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt registry files due to virus: Hi, I'm not the sort of girl to ask questions on forums, but I'm definitely in way over my head. Is there a way for me to repair this damage? I'm currently in safe mode. I noticed the issue because I keep getting a "Device attached to the system is not working" error with any...
  7. Corrupt registry files due to virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows update error due to system corrupted files

Windows update error due to system corrupted files: Hello, Windows update didn't update cumulative updates for .net framework I tried literally everything... 1. Manual update didn't work 2. Windows update troubleshooting didnt work 3. I found corrupted system files so I tried sfc didn't work... DISM restorehelth stuck on...
  9. Windows Will Not Update Due To a Corrupted Registry

Windows Will Not Update Due To a Corrupted Registry: I have been unable to update windows for quite some time as a result of a corrupted registry. Each time the pc tries to update it just gives me an error code for corrupted registry. I have tried to replace the corrupted registry with the backup but it still does not work. I...
  10. Due to registry corruption - unable to remove and install mcafee

Due to registry corruption - unable to remove and install mcafee: I am running windows 10. I purchased mcafee antivirus, however am unable to install it. Mcafee support told, windows registry got corrupt as old version of mcafee couldn't be removed successfully. The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MCAFEE couldn't be deleted manually or by...