Windows 10: system notification sounds overly loud

Discus and support system notification sounds overly loud in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys ive noticed the notification sounds are way too loud. if i go into system sounds and hit the little green 'test' button it plays nicely at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by podizzle, Aug 12, 2015.

1. podizzle Win User

system notification sounds overly loud

hey guys ive noticed the notification sounds are way too loud. if i go into system sounds and hit the little green 'test' button it plays nicely at a normal level. but when the actual notification comes in i get this boosted version of the same sound that is extremely annoying. I have the sounds disabled for the time being but am wondering if anyone has a clue why this is happening.

it happens even if i change the notification sound to something else. maybe ill have to make a custom version with it -12db or something then it might sound normal *Eek

love the new forums look forward to being here in the future

:)

podizzle, Aug 12, 2015

2. Loud system sounds

Hello.

Problem is that I can't change loudness of the Windows notifications. There is "System sounds" volume mixer, but it doesn't change loudness of Windows tray notifications, and every such notify plays a maximal loud sound! It's annoying.

Владимир Kryvian, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Loud system sounds

It is "Windows notifications".

To put it another way, it is Notifications From or through !#$TWing Windows 10.

1. The user did not ask for these sounds to be loud;

2. Microsoft has arbitrarily decided to make them loud.

3. Microsoft has provided NO clear way to mitigate the obnoxious, overdriving loudness of "notifications".

4. If these suddenly are no longer considered to be "System sounds", then provide a mixer category that permits clear and obvious control of these irritants.

Mike Pepper, Aug 12, 2015
  4. system notification sounds overly loud

Same issue here, seems to be a bug where a notification resets System Sounds level to 100%.

Be sure to report this in the Windows Feedback app. *Smile

IntelliMoo, Aug 16, 2015
  5. I'm going to post a ME TOO here just so anyone reading this thread is not struck by the fact that only a couple of people are affected.

This was pretty much the FIRST Windows 10 Annoyance I found, although I will say overall that Win 10 is Microsoft's best showing of the Windows product going back to Windows 3.1 (remember that?)

I am hoping Microsoft works out this completely obvious and enraging bug among the many others.

mavigozler, Sep 4, 2015
  6. JoeOrsak Win User
    Exact same issue here. I have the system notifications volume set very low. Testing the volume in sounds plays at a very low volume. E-mail comes in and blasts me with volume.

JoeOrsak, Jul 5, 2016
  7. April 2017 and still no change. My notification sounds are so loud that they are distorted.

ricecrispies, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

system notification sounds overly loud

1. system notification sounds overly loud - Similar Threads - system notification sounds

2. Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.: If I set a timer in the clock app Windows 11, when the timer ends it plays a sound, how do I change this sound? If I search for this online I find people and articles pointing me to changing the system sounds but cannot find anyone saying exactly which system sound to change,...
  3. Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.: If I set a timer in the clock app Windows 11, when the timer ends it plays a sound, how do I change this sound? If I search for this online I find people and articles pointing me to changing the system sounds but cannot find anyone saying exactly which system sound to change,...
  4. Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound: I have a problem with the microphone. When I'm playing games on discord it works fine. But after an hour, suddenly my voice was not heard and there was only a thunderous buzzing sound and they won't stop. I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers and it doesn't work.Please help...
  5. AMD Drivers freeze system and create loud buzzing sound

AMD Drivers freeze system and create loud buzzing sound: May be jumping to a conclusion, but the last Windows Optional Drivers Update ( AMD Media Drivers ) caused the system to freeze and create a loud buzzing sound. After reverting back to the last update, restore point, the issue has not resurfaced. For now, have paused all...
  6. Loud fan exhaust sound.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loud fan exhaust sound.: After latest windows update fan exhaust sound is too loud, not even in one laptop but in 3 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loud-fan-exhaust-sound/2fc4949e-51bf-4f90-89b1-07dcadd2116e
  7. Windows Notification Sounds Obnoxiously Loud

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Notification Sounds Obnoxiously Loud: After installing the latest feature update today, my notification sounds have been playing at the maximum volume, even though my volume level is set quite low. I would like to set the volume level back to normal, rather than getting rid of the sound altogether. However, as a...
  8. System freezes and loud buzz sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System freezes and loud buzz sound: My laptop freezes and creates a loud buzz, I worked with the virtual agent and spoke to a technician whom I allowed to take over my computer. He insisted the problem was resolved and It is not. How can I contact the same technician since I did not save his name????...
  9. No system notification sound

No system notification sound: Every system notification sound doesn't play at all, but when I click TEST for an item in sound setting, it can play the sound. [img] 73216
  10. Cannot disable system notification sounds...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot disable system notification sounds...: Hi everyone, I'm having annoying problem, since I hate system sounds, I have them always disabled... Last times however (after some "fantastic" auto-update propably) windows changes my "no sound" scheme to "default windows sounds" every reboot. Any ideas?? 44511