Windows 10: "System" ntoskrnl use 25-30% of my CPU when i start my computer

Discus and support "System" ntoskrnl use 25-30% of my CPU when i start my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem for one year : my system use between 25 and 30% of my CPU when i start my computer. The only solution that I found is to RESTART after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaëtanVETILLARD, Nov 27, 2020.

1. "System" ntoskrnl use 25-30% of my CPU when i start my computer

I have a problem for one year : my system use between 25 and 30% of my CPU when i start my computer. The only solution that I found is to RESTART after a first boot.

At time, i already reset 2 or 3 times my PC and try ALL solutions that i found on forums..

My PC :

Windows 10 Family

Intel Core i5-7300HQ

16 Go RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6 Go with Max-Q design

I hope somebody will can help me !

Thanks. "System" ntoskrnl use 25-30% of my CPU when i start my computer f28b885e-6c8e-4933-a49f-a7e6e14e562e?upload=true.png

:)

GaëtanVETILLARD, Nov 27, 2020
  2. StPeteFL Win User

Fix ntoskrnl high cpu usage for Windows 10 Pro?

In mid - late December 2019 I noticed a lag in starting applications after booting (or powering up) my Windows 10 desktop. Outlook, Word, Excel, and others has a noticeable delay in starting. Once I noticed this behavior I started task manager and noticed
    a process named 'System' running consistently at a CPU rate of 15 - 17%. No matter how long the system was running, even with no active applications started or idle, the CPU rate never changed for this 'System' process. I've watched task manager before and
    have never had a process 'System' running at this rate. Normally when present this 'System' process runs at around 0.2 - 0.4% CPU.

I selected 'System' looked at properties and it is the 'ntoskrnl' process. Next, I went to Micorosoft technet and forums looking for information related to this issue. And, of course, I found a plethora of questions, discussions, etc., all involving ntoskrnl
    and high cpu utilization, some dating back to 2016. I followed the ones posting in 2019 and tried all the suggestions for fixing this issue. Uninstall this, remove that, kill items in startup, perform a clean boot, check registry and change this, etc., etc.,
    etc..

Non of these worked. I returned the system to the current configuration I've been running for 3 years. Here is what I noticed: If I rebooted (selected 'Restart'), the system rebooted and the 'System' process aka 'ntoskrnl' process was running at 0.2 - 0.4
    CPU rate, after about 20 -30 seconds. If I 'shut down' the system to a power off state and then start the system up there is always the 'ntoskrnl' running at the high CPU rate - forever. Perform a reboot (even an immediate reboot) then 'ntoskrnl' is running
    at the normal 0.2 - 0.4% CPU rate. And there is no lag in starting Outlook or Word or Excel, or etc. The system is back to running normal performance only after a reboot.

So why is ntoskrnl having the aberrant behavior? Please help by looking into this. This issue with ntoskrnl keeps resurfacing and Microsoft has not fixed this.

Here is my system information- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i7-6700T CPU, 512GB SSD, all updates current as of Jan 3 2020

Two suspicious updates:

1) December 10, 2019-KB4533002 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 and Windows Server 1903 RTM and Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909

2) December 10, 2019—KB4530684 (OS Builds 18362.535 and 18363.535)

The ntoskrnl properties lists the following: Created Wednesday Dec 11, 2019, Location C:\Windows\System32 - this incredibly suspicious because this is the same time frame that I noticed the system behaving differently. AND it certainly suggests that one
    of these updates has corrupted the WIndows 10 Pro performance in the ntoskrnl service.

StPeteFL, Nov 27, 2020
  3. JW1982 Win User
    System (ntoskrnl) high cpu usage

On startup the ntoskrnl process quickly begins using 30% of my cpu power without any other tasks running

this wont go away although performing a restart seems to cure it, whenever I turn the pc on from cold it starts again

I have done a fresh install of windows 10, gone through every device in device manager and updated the drivers, done every scan mentioned on this issue on other posts but the problem still persists

any advice on how to solve this problem completely?

JW1982, Nov 27, 2020
  4. "System" ntoskrnl use 25-30% of my CPU when i start my computer

ntoskrnl using High CPU -

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest you to try running a Windows System File Checker with the following steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type command in the search box.
    • Press Control + Shift + Enter
      button on your keyboard.
    • Enter your credentials on the permission dialog box, then click Yes.
    • A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
    • Enter sfc /scannow.
    • Wait for the System File Checker to scan for msvcp_win.dll. System scan may take a while.
    • Follow the on-screen commands.

We also suggest a clean boot in Windows. You can refer to this
    link
    for steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

"System" ntoskrnl use 25-30% of my CPU when i start my computer

1. "System" ntoskrnl use 25-30% of my CPU when i start my computer - Similar Threads - System ntoskrnl 30%

2. Ntoskrnl using high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ntoskrnl using high CPU: Im thinking of doing a repair upgrade because of this ntoskrnl issue Should I do this repiar upgrade Will it solve my issue Will it reinstall windows 10 on my pcIt doesn't matter if it deletes my files Can I fix this issue by a repair upgrade...
  3. “System” process uses 30%cpu when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “System” process uses 30%cpu when idle: Sometimes the “system” process ( not to be confused with system idle process) will start to use 30% cpu when idle for about 5 minutes. Once I move my mouse, it stops. If I leave it takes about 20 minutes before it stops. I remember I did a complete Windows reinstall (deleted...
  4. System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk: Laptop Model: HP Notebook - 15-ay009tx OS: Windows 10 I was using WD harddrive from 4 years but from past update of windows 1909 my cpu usage went high. Its like my system.msc file using 30-40 percent of my CPU which cause high heat and battery drainage. I also brought...
  5. System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU: My brand new laptop keeps running extremely slow and task manager says system interrupts is using up most of my CPU. I've looked online and it says to update windows and drivers which I have done and nothing happens. I've contacted customer service but its so bad that the...
  6. ntoskrnl System process using high CPU when idle

ntoskrnl System process using high CPU when idle: Everytime I left my PC idle for around 10 minutes it causes the System process in Task Manager to go up as much as 60-70% in CPU usage. Once I move the mouse again or do some sort of movement it stops and CPU usage goes back to normal. When I right click the System process...
  7. System ntoskrnl high cpu usage

System ntoskrnl high cpu usage: On startup the ntoskrnl process quickly begins using 30% of my cpu power without any other tasks running this wont go away although performing a restart seems to cure it, whenever I turn the pc on from cold it starts again I have done a fresh install of windows 10, gone...
  8. System using 25% CPU when on a voice channel is that normal?

System using 25% CPU when on a voice channel is that normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GreenGlitchl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3v5vm/system_using_25_cpu_when_on_a_voice_channel_is/
  9. System process always uses 30% CPU.

System process always uses 30% CPU.: Hello All, For some reason the CPU usage by System process is always at 30%. It never goes down, Even if I reboot the system the usage will stay normal some time and then the system Process will start using the CPU at 30% again. My laptop Model is HP OMEN CE073TX OS -...
  10. EReporter.exe using 30%+ of my CPU

EReporter.exe using 30%+ of my CPU: What is EReporter.exe ? It is using 30%+ of my CPU - I just read it is something to do with Apple - I have an iPhone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ereporterexe-using-30-of-my-cpu/67ee4304-d628-43a7-b82e-1ec33fc9f6e3