Windows 10: system operation

Discus and support system operation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a remote monitor in addition to the laptop lid which was set to stay on when the lid was closed, but for some reason that has stopped working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by galengalentine, May 9, 2020.

1. system operation

I have a remote monitor in addition to the laptop lid which was set to stay on when the lid was closed, but for some reason that has stopped working. I can't remember the feature setting which allows this to occur

:)

galengalentine, May 9, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 9, 2020
  3. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 9, 2020
  4. Sharmard Win User

system operation

operating system language problem

I have upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 in August 2015. Since then I am struggling to change the operating system language but not able to do it as I cannot understand Dutch in which the system got upgraded. I bought this lenovo laptop from Netherlands,
    so it has default operating system language as dutch. I tried many tips suggested online to change it but not able to change it. Please suggest how can I get rid of these problem. I want to have administrative language as English. Please suggest step by step
    procedure. It is even difficult to figure out which is pc setting option, recovery option or update option in dutch.

Thank you.

Sharmard, May 9, 2020
Thema:

system operation

1. system operation - Similar Threads - system operation

2. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  3. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  4. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A component of the operating system has expired Error code : 0x0000605 memtest.efi windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A component of the operating system has expired Error code : 0x0000605 memtest.efi windows 11: I installed a new RAM and i checked it with Windows Memory Diagnostics, and this is what it went, how to fix this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-component-of-the-operating-system-has-expired/1d91b1ef-b2a2-4888-a8b4-b4707a3669c6
  6. A component of the operating system has expired Error code : 0x0000605 memtest.efi windows 11

A component of the operating system has expired Error code : 0x0000605 memtest.efi windows 11: I installed a new RAM and i checked it with Windows Memory Diagnostics, and this is what it went, how to fix this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-component-of-the-operating-system-has-expired/1d91b1ef-b2a2-4888-a8b4-b4707a3669c6
  7. How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...: Good day. I tried updating my laptop and suddenly it started jamming and then it turned itself off. When I tried turning it on it said "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk ". I was advised that I should replace my SSD with a new one and...
  8. How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...

How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...: Good day. I tried updating my laptop and suddenly it started jamming and then it turned itself off. When I tried turning it on it said "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk ". I was advised that I should replace my SSD with a new one and...
  9. so this windows 10 operating system. duplicate drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    so this windows 10 operating system. duplicate drives: when I open the file select dialogue, this happensit doesn't happen in a regular file explorer window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-this-windows-10-operating-system-duplicate/1d18d20c-47df-4e32-89a3-aefa31376df0
  10. would this be an accurate appraisal of microsoft operating systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    would this be an accurate appraisal of microsoft operating systems: windows 7 and previous takes a long time to install, then takes a little while hours or a day or two for you to load the drivers and customise then takes a little while longer days to load up your regular programs windows 10 installs in a very short time. loads of most of the...