Windows 10: System partial freeze after each boot

Discus and support System partial freeze after each boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After each boot my laptop will work as normal for 10-20 seconds, after that some (I think web based only) applications freeze, for me it's been Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alfvar_, Aug 23, 2019.

1. alfvar_ Win User

System partial freeze after each boot

After each boot my laptop will work as normal for 10-20 seconds, after that some (I think web based only) applications freeze, for me it's been Firefox and Discord. Sometimes the start menu is unresponsive at this time and the media ui will not appear when adjusting the volume. The event log says that it's System Settings that had an application hang.

After 20-30 seconds the system returns to normal. Any clues?

:)

alfvar_, Aug 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 Partial Freeze

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the computer freeze. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you had installed any third party security application.

This issue may arise due to the following reasons:

1. Driver conflicts or get outdated.

2. Malware attacks.

3. Multiple programs running at a same time.

4. Application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 23, 2019
  3. System freeze when downloading the updates.

Hi Denis,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Does the system freezes during the time of update?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you install any application or make any changes prior to the issue?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to place the computer in a Clean boot state and check if you are able to perform the updates.

Follow the Microsoft KB article to perform clean boot on the computer:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Applies to Windows 10

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 23, 2019
  4. System partial freeze after each boot

System freezes at the desktop even after performing clean installation of Windows 10

Hi Peter,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which is the current version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system freezes?
    • Does the same issue persists while booting the system in Safe mode with networking?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and drivers after performing clean installation?

To identify the issue, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Now to troubleshoot on it, after the computer boots, I suggest you to check the performance of the system in Safe Mode.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to test the issue by placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with
    Clean Boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General
      tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of system freeze after reboot for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

System partial freeze after each boot

1. System partial freeze after each boot - Similar Threads - System partial freeze

2. My Windows 10 freezes occasionally once each 8-10 boot immediately after booting the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 freezes occasionally once each 8-10 boot immediately after booting the desktop: Dear Community!I have had the problem with my Windows 10 in my new Dell Alienware X17 R1Previously, after booting the Desktop with icons, and wallpaper it froze: in this case, the mouse cursor disappeared, and the system didn't respond neither to keyboard button presses nor...
  3. Partial system freezes and BSOD when in MS Teams call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partial system freezes and BSOD when in MS Teams call: Hi everyone About once per week my windows 10 system is partially freezing when I'm in a MS Teams call. Then I still hear the audio but the camera images are frozen and i can't close teams anymore. When I click on the Start icon in the task bar and type somthing in there,...
  4. Windows Partially Freezing

Windows Partially Freezing: Hello, I've been experiencing random freezing to which my screen will freeze and become unresponsive to commands. I can move the mouse, but all things either freeze, leave ghost images or I cant interact with all together. I've had two incidents three days apart in which...
  5. Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing'

Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing': I'd usually google a problem but I just dont know where to start and ive been trying for 2 weeks now: While I'm using my computer it will randomly break or 'partially freeze'. It has done this since I reinstalled windows from a usb stick I made using the WMCT. When it...
  6. partial boot win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    partial boot win 10: PC will boot Safe Mode with Network. Will NOT do Clean Boot all in Win10 with default UEFI; Dell XPS 8930 3/2020 vintage. How do I identify Microsoft Drivers/Services that cause the problem? Alternatively, what is the best solution to fix problem? Thanks in advance....
  7. Windows partially freezes

Windows partially freezes: Hello. For quite some time now I have the Problem that my PC freezes every few minutes. If I remember right this problem occurred already pretty early, I think a few days, after I upgraded my PC from Win7 to Win10. But it's not like a complete freeze of the whole PC, but...
  8. Windows 10 Partial Freeze

Windows 10 Partial Freeze: I recently built a computer from and installed a new copy of Windows 10 on it. Everything was working fine until one day I started downloading software from the components company e.g. MSI afterburner & Corsair iCUE. Shortly after that, while I was in a Fullscreen...
  9. Black screen after each boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after each boot: I installed Windows 10 yesterday but had to return back to Win 7 because the driver problems crashed the whole system. Basically what happened was that I was stuck at black screen after every boot and got back only when going to sleep-mode through power button and back. I...
  10. Restore system back each time it boots?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore system back each time it boots?: What was the tool that makes Windows restore system back to the clean state each time it boots? i would like to have it enabled for schools because studens keep messing up computers and i have to reinstall the computer via network. Many years ago, i were student at school...