Windows 10: system partition not allowed to be formatted

Discus and support system partition not allowed to be formatted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I format a system backup disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertWinecki, May 2, 2020.

1. system partition not allowed to be formatted

How do I format a system backup disk

:)

RobertWinecki, May 2, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 2, 2020
  3. Will there be any problem if I format system partition and recovery partition

Hello

OS of my laptop is Windows 10. It has been infected by some fatal viruses. I want to remove the viruses completely from my laptop. So prior to reinstallation, I will format all partitions of my hard disk, even the recovery partition and the EFI system partition.
    Will there be any problem if I format these hidden partitions?

Advance thanks to anybody for suggestions.

Zulfikar Zubair, May 2, 2020
  4. poolmon Win User

system partition not allowed to be formatted

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, May 2, 2020
Thema:

system partition not allowed to be formatted

1. system partition not allowed to be formatted - Similar Threads - system partition allowed

2. Bitlocker not allowing format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker not allowing format: Hi Guys,I've my machine that felt a victim of Bitlocker problem, I haven't set a bitlocker key and can get one from MS, so now I'm left with the option that I have format my machine and loose all my files so I booted my machine from my Win 10 pro USB and couldn't format...
  3. Bitlocker not allowing format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker not allowing format: Hi Guys,I've my machine that felt a victim of Bitlocker problem, I haven't set a bitlocker key and can get one from MS, so now I'm left with the option that I have format my machine and loose all my files so I booted my machine from my Win 10 pro USB and couldn't format...
  4. Bitlocker not allowing format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. C drive partition cannot be extended and System labelled partition cannot be formatted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive partition cannot be extended and System labelled partition cannot be formatted: Hello, I would like to extend my partition to cover the system labelled partition and an unallocated partition all lying on the right of the C drive respectively. The option to extend the C partition is Grayed out. I think the System labelled partition is restricting me Note:...
  6. Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk: [ATTACH]While formatting a partition, if you see a message Windows cannot format the system […] This article Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...: I am getting this error trying to install latest version of windows in a uefi bootable USB. I used Rufus to create the USB in ntfs format. I have formatted my OS and I don't want to lose any more data. What can I do?...
  8. Formatting a partition

Formatting a partition: Before doing this I want to be 100% certain I am not formatting the entire C: drive. In Disk Management if I format a partition that had the recovery files will the rest of the hard drive be left alone? 128708
  9. Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting: I built my own computer with a 500GB SSD and 4TB HDD. Unfortunately I made the mistake of having both drives connected when installing Windows 10 for the first time, and now there's a System Reserved partition on my HDD. The problem with that is that it's only recognizing...
  10. Deleting or Formatting a Partition

Deleting or Formatting a Partition: Hi all I have just reinstalled Win10 on our PC but installed it to the wrong partition. Now it won't let me delete or format the d drive because it holds system files/folders. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it ? Many thanks 99593