Windows 10: System partition

Discus and support System partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was doing a clean installation of windows 10 on my laptop and at the hard drive partitioning only 100mb was allocated for my system. I still continue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mxmxm~, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:27 PM.

1. mxmxm~ Win User

System partition

I was doing a clean installation of windows 10 on my laptop and at the hard drive partitioning only 100mb was allocated for my system. I still continue the process and now i'm stuck at "getting ready" portion of installation. I read somewhere that the system partition should be atleast 500mb, is this the cause of why im stuck at this portion? should i restart the installation again?.System partition [​IMG]

:)

2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

4. System partition

Thema:

System partition

1. System partition - Similar Threads - System partition

2. Windows 10 update broke my wifes system. Does not boot. Not even from maintenance partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update broke my wifes system. Does not boot. Not even from maintenance partition.: W10 said to me: we have updates, do you want to update now? Sure, why not. Big mistake. It run for 1.5 hours slowly progressing the update. I worked in another room on another PC! And than it rebooted. It showed yet another blue screen with updating percentage...
  3. Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive: I am trying to clone only System partitions from a 1TB SSD to a 4TB SSD that has 2 partitions filled with data but enough free space at its beginning to host the System partitions . 1st attempt I tried the copy System partitions only on Minitool Partition Wizard but was...
  4. System recovery partition

System recovery partition: I deleted the sytem recovery partition, and now my laptop acts weird. How do i create a new system recovery partitioni have tried in many ways. This is kinda urgent....
  5. How do i access EFI system partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i access EFI system partition?: So, I have been trying to access the EFI partition where bootmgr.sys is located, so I can sideload another OS on the computer. However, when I try to open the drive, it says, "Access to E:\ has been denied to gain access, use thesecurity tab. BUT THERE IS NO SECURITY...
  6. Backup and Restore Windows 10 NTFS system partition from within Arch Linux installation USB...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup and Restore Windows 10 NTFS system partition from within Arch Linux installation USB...: Hi, I need advice how to backup or restore windows 10 system partion from arch linux installation usb with rsync command. I would like backup partion to another partition or better to one compressed file. When I'll want restore my system from backup, I just restart PC to arch...
  7. Windows 10 install fails on Windows 7: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition"

Windows 10 install fails on Windows 7: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition": Hi, I'm getting a failed install when trying to upgrade on my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" My drives are partitioned as follows all MBR: [ATTACH] Searching the online community, it seems like the error may be due to...
  8. Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning: My objective is to have a windows 10 clone on a different disk in order to be able to continue working immediately in case of a disk failure. 1)Using Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 (1909), I cloned the windows partition (which is on a GPT disk) to partition J found on another...
  9. Restore Windows system & files only from windows data partition no recovery/boot partitions

Restore Windows system & files only from windows data partition no recovery/boot partitions: So I made an oopsie. A big one. TL;DR: I have a partition on a hard drive with all my Windows files Program Files, PrefLogs, Windows, Users, etc.. It is the only partition on the hard drive no boot/recovery. I need to move that partition, or at least the data on it, to...
  10. Unable to update Windows 10 20H2 because "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition"

Unable to update Windows 10 20H2 because "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition": Hi All, My current Windows 10 version is 1909, build is 18363.1256. I am having problem updating Windows 10 20H2. So I made a Reset of my Laptop. Then I installed the "Windows 10 Update Assistant". The update assistant returned an error that it cannot update the laptop -...