Windows 10: System performance craters upon running Windows 10's Movies and TV app.

Discus and support System performance craters upon running Windows 10's Movies and TV app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MS's Movies and TV app causes an extreme system slow condition when run. It takes about 30 to 60 seconds for the slow down to begin, and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by idigweeds, Jun 22, 2020.

1. idigweeds Win User

System performance craters upon running Windows 10's Movies and TV app.

MS's Movies and TV app causes an extreme system slow condition when run. It takes about 30 to 60 seconds for the slow down to begin, and then it becomes nearly impossible to do anything else. While this slow down occurs, the Task Manager shows that CPU usage is flat lined at 100% and the "Service Host: Web Account Manager" process accounts for more than 90% of that. The system fan winds up to full bore and temperature tops out at about 160 degrees F. I am forced to press the physical power button for 5 seconds to power down and then restart. I am completely unable to play any of my purchased materials. This problem has been ongoing for a couple years now.

This isn't the first time I have taken this problem to MS Answers, but none of the posts elicited a usable response.

The Movies and TV app isn't the only app that behaves like this... the Microsoft Store app does this or did, too. This involved the same process as in Movies and TV. For reasons unknown, it no longer does this, or hasn't recently. These apps are the only programs I have that behave this way. My computer, though far from a speed demon, runs everything I have installed with aplomb.

System Specs: HP Notebook 15-db0081nr, AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 2600 Mhz 2999 Mhz turbo, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD drive.

:)

idigweeds, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 22, 2020
  4. System performance craters upon running Windows 10's Movies and TV app.

Movies & TV app stream to XBox One

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the cast button functionality is not working in Movies and TV App.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

However, if the above recommendation does not help, I would suggest you to consider reinstalling the
    Movies & TV App again.

Steps to uninstall Movies & TV
    App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Install Movies & TV
    App from Microsoft Store

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. if it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

System performance craters upon running Windows 10's Movies and TV app.

1. System performance craters upon running Windows 10's Movies and TV app. - Similar Threads - System performance craters

2. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  3. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  4. Windows 10 movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 movies & TV app: My default APP for vidoes is set for movies & TV. However, when I try to play a video it will only play using Windows media player. When I use movies & TV, the video will load but not play. Any ideas how to get movies & TV APP to work. Thanks, Gerald...
  5. Movies And TV App

Movies And TV App: Hello! My name is ShamefulHarp590, And i came to ask how my Movies & TV App is white themed, Unlike all other windows 10 users? My windows 10 version is 1511. My Movies & TV App also does not have the future to get subtitles, Is it my windows 10 version, Or is it the app?...
  6. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  7. movie & tv app

movie & tv app: I keep trying to download the movies I buy off google play and the app but I cant downloD IT TO MY PC WHATS THE DEAL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-tv-app/c7ddd054-1985-4abd-bad8-618927d95c36
  8. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  9. Movies and TV app in windows 10

Movies and TV app in windows 10: how do I delete watch history of Movies and TV app in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-and-tv-app-in-windows-10/6e17bba3-31b3-46ac-8e4d-e9a7457dfc6c
  10. Movies & TV app refuses to run or install

Movies & TV app refuses to run or install: I've been having trouble with trying to get the Movies & TV app working on my computer. So, when I tried to launch the application, it didn't start. It was grayed out. I tried to clear the data from the app, but not only does the app still not work, it cannot update from...