Windows 10: System (PID:4) Huge Memory Consumption (2GB)

Discus and support System (PID:4) Huge Memory Consumption (2GB) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Look @ Screenshot: [img] What do you recommend? Also heres my specs: Untitled - Modern Paste if there's anything private in there lmk,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by blksith0, Mar 4, 2017.

1. blksith0 Win User

System (PID:4) Huge Memory Consumption (2GB)

Look @ Screenshot:

System (PID:4) Huge Memory Consumption (2GB) [​IMG]

What do you recommend?

Also heres my specs:
    Untitled - Modern Paste

if there's anything private in there lmk, aye?

:)

blksith0, Mar 4, 2017
  2. Joe Kit Win User

High Memory Consumption System (PID 4) (NT Kernel and System)

Ohh.. I'm sorry. I was wondering putting it onto the wiki by replying on there or something like that.

Here's the link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D7B62777F323DF03!277&authkey=!AMN-89lZIhMwfRI&ithint=file,zip

Sometimes, it is worse of which it is initially at higher percentage but when I started the Windows performance toolkit, the memory consumption for the System will go down to around 20%. This one that I shared is at 30% consumption even when I started the
    Windows performance toolkit.

Joe Kit, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Joe Kit Win User
    High Memory Consumption System (PID 4) (NT Kernel and System)

It says at the bottom of the wiki that "ONCE YOU HAVE RUN THE TRACE UPLOAD IT TO ONEDRIVE OR ANY OTHER FILE SHARING SERVICE AND PUT A LINK TO IT IN YOUR NEXT POST."
    but I couldn't find a single available area for me to post any link.

Joe Kit, Mar 4, 2017
  4. System (PID:4) Huge Memory Consumption (2GB)

TairikuOkami, Mar 4, 2017
  5. blksith0 Win User
    I didnt not expect such a specific answer so fast. Noiec m8. Awesome to the max.

blksith0, Mar 4, 2017
  6. blksith0 Win User
    Oh nevermind. It didn't fix it. wjat cam I do to diagnose it aye

blksith0, Mar 7, 2017
  7. A picture of "Task Manager" on the "Startup Tab"

A picture of "Task Manager" on the "Details Tab" - showing all processes maybe 2 of 3 pics

RoadBlaster, Mar 7, 2017
  8. blksith0 Win User

Roadblaster, the approach I would take is to find some way way to scan the exact memory allocation, or attach some debugger, to that specific System process and go from there. Or use some system-wide monitor like ProcMon and filter it to that System Monitor.

Yeah but to be honest this is the old win10 Version 10.0.10240. So I'm due for an upgrade anyway.

Here's this

blksith0, Mar 8, 2017
  9. Yes, I have had something called "Program" left runing from a bit of freeware which did no uninstall it.

Looks like you should check all the "Start Up" software via google to see if you can turn it all off, as looks like a lot of bloatware.

Still need to see Details for which programs are consuming memory.

Try autoruns to remove the software you can not find: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../bb963902.aspx

RoadBlaster, Mar 8, 2017
  10. blksith0 Win User
    Oh nothing's running that I'm not aware of there. It all just adds up over the months.
    Here's my processes. Been running for 10 days, wow.

proc: http://funkyimg.com/i/2pYuP.jpg

Edit:
    So in conclusion, after this very helpful thread, I ended up reinstalling windows, upgrading it to 14393 and solved.

blksith0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. System (PID:4) Huge Memory Consumption (2GB) - Similar Threads - System PID Huge

2. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I open my laptop to check my ram sticks then when I put it back my 2gb reserve became 4gb so how do I change the 4gb to 2gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hardware-reserved-memory-to-2gb/a8e6d6d2-be05-4a62-8d5f-2ae6d4a13882
  3. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I open my laptop to check my ram sticks then when I put it back my 2gb reserve became 4gb so how do I change the 4gb to 2gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hardware-reserved-memory-to-2gb/a8e6d6d2-be05-4a62-8d5f-2ae6d4a13882
  4. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I just installed a RAM module on my laptop, but my hardware reserved memory remains 298MB, I want to change this to 2GB, I found out how to change this but I am not sure to what value I am supposed to enter as I don't know what unit it is. Could someone please tell me...
  5. System Restore Excessive memory consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore Excessive memory consumption: I have a Dell laptop with 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Recently, I have found out that my C drive is getting filled without actually storing any files/programs on it. I went to storage sense and found that the system restore is consuming nearly half of my memory. Can I reduce the...
  6. Windows 10 Intermittent freeze / stuttering System PID 4?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Intermittent freeze / stuttering System PID 4?: Hi, A few months ago I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 13 5000. I was initially very pleased with it, but soon noticed Windows 10 was freezing intermittently for about 1-2 seconds every 12-15 seconds. The freezing does not crash the computer, but the scrolling is...
  7. HUGE DATA CONSUMPTION IN WINDOWS 10 PRO

HUGE DATA CONSUMPTION IN WINDOWS 10 PRO: I have installed a fresh new windows 10 pro version by using a bootable usb . the problem is that it is using data rapidly since my 1 gb data got sucked in 5 hours. i have turned on metered connection. it helped me but not fully satisfied me. people often say that windows is...
  8. High memory consumption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory consumption: Hello! My computer is consuming a lot of memory, I have an i7 processor with 16gb ram and 256 ssd. Is it normal for chrome to consume that much?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-consumption/d9f28f33-cc1a-4d12-a5a2-95ff7b287598
  9. Huge Background data Consumption

Huge Background data Consumption: Data was consuming in background even i turn off the updates.Whenever i connect to a network automatically data was consuming but i cant understand which app is consuming.Every time i check data usage statistics system is consuming huge amount of data.Im attaching a...
  10. Huge memory leak keeps crashing the system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge memory leak keeps crashing the system: Hi, I'm running the latest April update 1803 on my Acer nitro vn-791g. My problem is that my committed memory and paged pool climb up after 2-3 days of my laptop being turned on (with sleep mode at night). This reaches a point where the system hangs, browsing tabs crash...