Windows 10: System Power Report: UNKNOWN [NONE] entity occupies huge amount of battery drain

Discus and support System Power Report: UNKNOWN [NONE] entity occupies huge amount of battery drain in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I recently bought a used Surface Laptop and have been testing it. The System Power Report indicated that during my active sessions on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shakatran, Oct 9, 2018.

1. shakatran Win User

System Power Report: UNKNOWN [NONE] entity occupies huge amount of battery drain

Hi guys,

I recently bought a used Surface Laptop and have been testing it.

The System Power Report indicated that during my active sessions on battery, there is an APP ID named UNKNOWN [NONE] which occupies huge power drain and significantly larger (~10x) than the second most consuming app.

Below is the related records in different sessions in the report. Could you please seriously help me check this issue?

- Power Estimation
    Unknown [NONE] 11969 0 0 0 0 0 0 11969 0

- Power Estimation
    Unknown [NONE] 9881 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9881

- Power Estimation
    Unknown [NONE] 4964 0 0 0 0 0 0 4964 0
    - Power Estimation
    Unknown [NONE] 7873 0 0 0 0 0 0 6055 1817
    - Power Estimation
    Unknown [NONE] 3634 0 0 0 0 0 0 3634 0
    - Power Estimation
    Unknown [NONE] 4168 0 0 0 0 0 0 3997 171
    - Power Estimation
    Unknown [NONE] 3478 0 0 0 0 0 0 3478 0
    - Power Estimation
    Unknown [NONE] 4177 0 0 0 0 0 0 1253 2923

A small analysis of correlation between UNKNOWN [NONE] battery consumption and ON time:

ON time (min.) % battery drained % drained per min. UNKNOW [NONE] Consumption
    36 22 0.611111111 11969
    11 4 0.363636364 9881
    33 7 0.212121212 4964
    6 2 0.333333333 7873
    4 1 0.25 3634

Please dont ignore and help me with this guys!

Thank you!

:)

shakatran, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Keager Win User

Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Shawn Win User
    Surface Book battery drain while turned off

As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!!

I ran a powecfg report and the cycles (~100) and watts seem normal.
    I ran a sleep study and it showed a "abnormal shutdown" around the time I turned it on. Info is below.

The system is up to date per its own autoupdater.

Any suggestions?

Time before the event (power report)

System Power Report: UNKNOWN [NONE] entity occupies huge amount of battery drain [​IMG]

(sleep report):

System Power Report: UNKNOWN [NONE] entity occupies huge amount of battery drain [​IMG]

Details of the event:

thank you,

Surface Book
    i5, 8Gb, Nvidia

Shawn, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Jan Del Win User

System Power Report: UNKNOWN [NONE] entity occupies huge amount of battery drain

Powercfg /sleepstudy report shows "Unknown [NONE]" appid which consumes more power

Let us try to identify the app that is draining your device's power. Check the
    Battery usage by app by following the steps below:

• Open Windows Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System sub menu choose Battery.
    • Click on Battery usage by app link.
    • Select your preferred time frame and Showing option and the usage will be displayed.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. System Power Report: UNKNOWN [NONE] entity occupies huge amount of battery drain - Similar Threads - System Power Report

2. The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr": Hello Every body: I found a issue when I push most of process into EcoQos, The "Unknown[None]" will high than not use EcoQos. I don't know what the reason of this, Please help me. Thank you!!...
  3. The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr": Hello Every body: I found a issue when I push most of process into EcoQos, The "Unknown[None]" will high than not use EcoQos. I don't know what the reason of this, Please help me. Thank you!!...
  4. Power drain from battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power drain from battery: Hi everyone,I found out about 6 months ago, that battery on my Asus Zephyrus G14 rapidly drain if I don't do windows updates from approx. 5 hours to only about 1 hour 10 minutes. I had this issue on win10 and even now when I upgraded to the win11. Temperature is pretty high...
  5. Power drain from battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power drain from battery: Hi everyone,I found out about 6 months ago, that battery on my Asus Zephyrus G14 rapidly drain if I don't do windows updates from approx. 5 hours to only about 1 hour 10 minutes. I had this issue on win10 and even now when I upgraded to the win11. Temperature is pretty high...
  6. Windows 'system and reserved' taking up a huge amount of space in an unknown location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 'system and reserved' taking up a huge amount of space in an unknown location: I tried to install a large game, and I realized my computer was running out of space. When went to the Storage Settings, I saw that 145 GB of my Local Disk C I only have Disk was being used up out of 167 GB. When I clicked on show more categories, 86.4 GB was being used up by...
  7. Battery report at 153%, different from system battery indicator, battery drain to 0%,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery report at 153%, different from system battery indicator, battery drain to 0%,...: I have the following issue: The laptop discharges during sleep down to 0%. This is below the 5% threshold at which it shuts down automatically when being used. In summary, the laptop drains much energy during sleep at night time. To understand this, the following was done:...
  8. Huge amount of Spam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Huge amount of Spam: Just installed Windows 10 on PC Have active ESET on PC Suddenly my Outlook Inbox is flooded with Spam from all over. Even businesses abroad. How can I control this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-amount-of-spam/b6031a1e-98e2-488c-b0cc-b0d536f774af
  9. Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report: In the past 1 - 1.5 weeks I have noticed that my battery is draining much quicker than it used to. I have a Dell XPS 13 that I bought new in July 2018. My battery, up until a week or so ago, was lasting anywhere from 5-8 hours depending on how much I used it throughout the...
  10. Fast Battery Power Draining

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Battery Power Draining: Hello, I have a problem with my PC involving my battery. I found out what the problem was, but not how to solve it. Here is what I did: On command prompt with administrator privileges, I typed: powercfg/energy. Next, once I had and read the report, I understood the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleepstudy Unknown

2. sleep report abnormal shutdown

3. unknown [none] battery drain

4. unknown [none] sleepstudy,
  5. windows aleep study power estimation shows unknown,
  6. battery showing unknown powercfg,
  7. sleep study power estimation unknown,
  8. powercfg /sleepstudy report shows unknown [none] appid primary source battery drain,
  9. windows sleepstudy unknown appid,
  10. unknown (none) powerfg,
  11. app id unknown none sleepstudy,
  12. windows 10 drain unknown [none],
  13. system power report activity battery drain