Windows 10: "SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage

Discus and support "SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is LENOVO G50 with i3-5005U processor & 8GB of ram alongside 2GB of AMD Radeon R5 M330 graphic processor. So i didn't realize when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akkiii, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Akkiii Win User

"SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage

My laptop is LENOVO G50 with i3-5005U processor & 8GB of ram alongside 2GB of AMD Radeon R5 M330 graphic processor.

So i didn't realize when the problem started on my laptop, but one day i saw system process in my task manager eating upto 10% of my CPU. i looked up different forums for solutions but couldn't find any which would help me.

1). Here is my Task Manager screenshot "SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage 28b1f040-f312-4abd-9e57-1a5df3fc4a22?upload=true.jpg

As you can see above the system process is using 0.5% and 0.1MB/s of both Memory and Disk

2). When i go into system properties i get this

"SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage 233eee57-2383-4b0a-b8be-b51877aba13d?upload=true.jpg

And Process explorer show this

"SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage 8d5f6175-82ee-4c92-8337-4a63223fb3dd?upload=true.jpg

i don't know why is this happening, but it may be because my laptop battery is dead and i am using it on A/C power but its just my theory. i will be patiently waiting for someone reply. i hope i will be able to solve this problem . Thank You

:)

Akkiii, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Cato Win User

CPU constantly at 100%, but in Process Explorer usage is around 5%

Task Manager shows CPU usage constantly at 100%, but Process Explorer shows CPU usage at about 5%. I've tried the solution presented in CPU Constantly at 100% In Task Manager, But Not in Process Explorer, but it did not work for me. When I reboot the PC into Safe Mode, though, everything is OK.

How can I resolve the discrepancy?

3. deadalos Win User
    "System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, Feb 11, 2019
  4. ihris Win User

'System' process high CPU usage

Hello,

Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer.
    In the past I've never seen this, leaving the PC idle dropped the usage down to almost zero, now the CPU is running at full clock 24/7, heating it up ~55C, which is mildly undesirable.

Attempts done so far to fix the issue, none has worked:
    - Waiting. I leave the PC to run overnight, but it does not seem to help it.
    - Restarting, done multiple times, no effect whatsoever.
    - sfc /scannow, nothing found.
    - Full virus scan, nothing found.
    - The update settings has been set already to not to receive from other pc's. All updates are installed what windows update has to offer.

PC specs:
    Acer VN7 laptop, running Win 10 Home 64bit. HW: i5-6300HQ, 16GB, GTX960M. All drivers up to date.

"SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage [​IMG]

ihris, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. "SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage - Similar Threads - SYSTEM PROCESS constantly

2. CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%: Hi everyone! I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with iCore 7, 12GB Ram, 512GB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was working flawlessly until a few days ago... All of the sudden the machine has slowed significantly, and I whenever I open a browser (no matter whether it's MS...
  3. High CPU usage by ACPI.sys ("system" process)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage by ACPI.sys ("system" process): Hello, So here is my problem : in the task manager, the "system" process sometimes takes ~30% CPU (when it should take between 1 and 6% at most). This happens every time I start my computer after completly shutting it down. Putting it to sleep and wake it temporarily solves...
  4. CPU usage constantly ~20% above what process explorer states

CPU usage constantly ~20% above what process explorer states: This recently started after my second harddrive died and I removed it. 54400
  5. "System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage

"System and Compressed Memory" constant 20-25% CPU usage: This is a problem that has been going on for about a week now and I've tried A LOT of solutions. This started when I wanted to play Battlefield 1 beta and it said I needed to update my driver, my computer had 0 issues prior to this after the install system and compressed...
  6. CPU usage 100% but system idle process says otherwise

CPU usage 100% but system idle process says otherwise: Hello, So I was copying a large group of files (400 gigs) to an external drive, it was about 150 gigs in when the PC crashed ( i believe due to MSI usb speed up), i've since removed the MSI program but CPU usage stays at 100% from the moment the PC turns on, however system...
  7. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%: When I was running Windows 8.1, I had this same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10, issue persisted, until I reset the PC (August). After I reset, CPU usage was normal. A few weeks ago, though, CPU usage has jumped right back up to 100% (per Task Manager). I've tried...
  8. 'System' process high CPU usage

'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...
  9. System process - high CPU usage after some time

System process - high CPU usage after some time: Hi everyone, in Task Manager, the "System" sometimes starts eating 14~20% CPU and that persists until a reboot. "System interrupts" (which is a pseudo process?) seems to do the same. It doesn't happen from boot, and I don't know what triggers it. Google searches...
  10. CPU Util/usage: what is "System Interrupts" process....

in Windows 10 Support
    CPU Util/usage: what is "System Interrupts" process....: while trying to figure why current Goog Chrome eats cpu's, I was surprised to see a generic "System Interrupts" listed in Task Manager in windows 10, constantly munching 40-50% of cpu - with no identity or info shown..... what is that? a logging util for feedback? debugger?...