Windows 10: "SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage

Discus and support "SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is LENOVO G50 with i3-5005U processor & 8GB of ram alongside 2GB of AMD Radeon R5 M330 graphic processor. So i didn't realize when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akkiii, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Akkiii Win User

"SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage

My laptop is LENOVO G50 with i3-5005U processor & 8GB of ram alongside 2GB of AMD Radeon R5 M330 graphic processor.

So i didn't realize when the problem started on my laptop, but one day i saw system process in my task manager eating upto 10% of my CPU. i looked up different forums for solutions but couldn't find any which would help me.

1). Here is my Task Manager screenshot "SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage 28b1f040-f312-4abd-9e57-1a5df3fc4a22?upload=true.jpg

As you can see above the system process is using 0.5% and 0.1MB/s of both Memory and Disk

2). When i go into system properties i get this

"SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage 233eee57-2383-4b0a-b8be-b51877aba13d?upload=true.jpg

And Process explorer show this

"SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage 8d5f6175-82ee-4c92-8337-4a63223fb3dd?upload=true.jpg

i don't know why is this happening, but it may be because my laptop battery is dead and i am using it on A/C power but its just my theory. i will be patiently waiting for someone reply. i hope i will be able to solve this problem . Thank You

:)

Akkiii, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Cato Win User

CPU constantly at 100%, but in Process Explorer usage is around 5%

Task Manager shows CPU usage constantly at 100%, but Process Explorer shows CPU usage at about 5%. I've tried the solution presented in CPU Constantly at 100% In Task Manager, But Not in Process Explorer, but it did not work for me. When I reboot the PC into Safe Mode, though, everything is OK.

How can I resolve the discrepancy?

3. deadalos Win User
    "System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, Feb 11, 2019
  4. ihris Win User

'System' process high CPU usage

Hello,

Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer.
    In the past I've never seen this, leaving the PC idle dropped the usage down to almost zero, now the CPU is running at full clock 24/7, heating it up ~55C, which is mildly undesirable.

Attempts done so far to fix the issue, none has worked:
    - Waiting. I leave the PC to run overnight, but it does not seem to help it.
    - Restarting, done multiple times, no effect whatsoever.
    - sfc /scannow, nothing found.
    - Full virus scan, nothing found.
    - The update settings has been set already to not to receive from other pc's. All updates are installed what windows update has to offer.

PC specs:
    Acer VN7 laptop, running Win 10 Home 64bit. HW: i5-6300HQ, 16GB, GTX960M. All drivers up to date.

"SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage [​IMG]

ihris, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. "SYSTEM PROCESS" constantly using CPU and sometime goes upto 5-10% usage - Similar Threads - SYSTEM PROCESS constantly

2. The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11: I am a professional photographer and have a fast computer with Windows 11 and the latest updates. i9 13900k, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 GPU When I use Adobe Photoshop or Bridge, the "system" process constantly uses between 10 and 40 percent CPU. This makes using Photoshop very very...
  3. The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11: I am a professional photographer and have a fast computer with Windows 11 and the latest updates. i9 13900k, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 GPU When I use Adobe Photoshop or Bridge, the "system" process constantly uses between 10 and 40 percent CPU. This makes using Photoshop very very...
  4. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  5. High System Process CPU Usage.

High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  6. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  7. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

"System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  8. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. system process high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...