Windows 10: system process constantly writing to disk

Discus and support system process constantly writing to disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; system process constantly writing to disk 3-4MB/S perfmon shows C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\NetCore.etl cause the problem, what is NetCore.etl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by light_210, Dec 5, 2019.

1. light_210 Win User

system process constantly writing to disk

system process constantly writing to disk 3-4MB/S

perfmon shows C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\NetCore.etl cause the problem,

what is NetCore.etl and how to fix this

Win10 version 1903

:)

light_210, Dec 5, 2019

2. Laptop constantly writing to disk

Alienware 17 running Windows 10 Home. Works fine, but the thing is CONSTANTLY writing to the disk. I know this is way too imprecise to give me a definitive answer, but I fired up the resource monitor and the "system NT Kernel and System" process writes to dozens of files constantly...

It's been on for over 4 hours and it's STILL writing constantly. Almost no reading...

I have NOTHING running other than the stuff that starts with Windows, and VERY little of that since the Startup section of the task manager has pretty much every disabled. I even turned OFF wi-fi so it COULDN'T do anything stupid over the metered connection and it STILL sat there writing constantly

I can't imagine that this is normal and I"m wondering how to figure out what to do next. Ideas?

GracieAllen, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 5, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Laptop constantly writing to disk

Hi- RAID is in your system specs. Your last post is the first mention of a laptop....

Unfortunately your attachment isn't valid for some reason.

Please post your task manager screenshot or shots organising the relevant column high to low by clicking on the column tab like this when your PC should be nominally idle, using the icon to the left of the video icon above your post text, tooltip 'Insert Image'

Being able to see what's running is a major starting point for suggestions.

system process constantly writing to disk [​IMG]

Then please try a clean boot, and again post a task manager screenshot or shots.

I'll look forward to the Hard Disk Sentinel report (despite its name it does report on SSDs)

There should be no need to turn Windows search indexing off on a properly functioning system - doing that is an XP or so legacy and should only be needed if diagnosing some particular problem.

dalchina, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. system process constantly writing to disk - Similar Threads - system process constantly

2. The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11: I am a professional photographer and have a fast computer with Windows 11 and the latest updates. i9 13900k, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 GPU When I use Adobe Photoshop or Bridge, the "system" process constantly uses between 10 and 40 percent CPU. This makes using Photoshop very very...
  3. 100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage by ntoskrnl.exe SYSTEM Process: Im having trouble with ntoskrnl.exe , this process taking alot of my disk usage , almost 100%, this always happend when im playing or run a heavy app, my windows version is 21H2 Home Single Language, please help me it verry laggy :Specs:Laptop acer z1401-c9jzCpu : Celeron...
  4. Constant disk writes by NVIDIA process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant disk writes by NVIDIA process: Hi,I've been noticing constant disk writing activity from NVDisplay.Container.exe after updating gpu driver to 471.68 30.0.14.7168. This process starts from a service "NVIDIA Display Container LS" which defaults to start automatically. After disabling the service the apropos...
  5. High "system" process disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High "system" process disk usage: I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class....
  6. 100% disk usage beacuse of System process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage beacuse of System process: ShareX lagged beacuse of disk usage, so I got only the one with 99% one, look at Figure 1.Why it uses my entire disk, it makes the entire system not usable at all beacuse of lag.But not everytime, sometime it drops to 0%-50% Figure 2, and then blows up to 100% Figure...
  7. Constant disk activity from "system" process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant disk activity from "system" process: Is it possible to limit how much logging and other writing to disk the system process (ntoskrnl.exe) does? If you look at the disk activity with task manager you'll see that system has a cycle, usually 10-15 seconds of writing at a rate of 0,1Mbs or so depending on your...
  8. "System" Process is constantly writing after Windows 10 last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "System" Process is constantly writing after Windows 10 last update.: Everything was running smoothly, right until the last windows update (Granted I also installed Visual c++ redis before rebooting, but I think that's irrelevant) My disk (SSD) has a permanent use fluctuating between 11% and 33%, this started yesterday, I figured it was some...
  9. "registry" process permanently writes to disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "registry" process permanently writes to disk: I noticed for some time, that I have a process called "Registry" in Task Manager which randomly uses 0.1-1% CPU usage. I dont have this process running on my Desktop or tablet, just my laptop. I opened MS Process Monitor, filtered the name and disk usage and this showed up:...
  10. Laptop constantly writing to disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop constantly writing to disk: Alienware 17 running Windows 10 Home. Works fine, but the thing is CONSTANTLY writing to the disk. I know this is way too imprecise to give me a definitive answer, but I fired up the resource monitor and the "system NT Kernel and System" process writes to dozens of files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netcore.etl disk usage

2. windows system process constantly writing

3. windows 10 net core.etl

4. netcore.etl,
  5. what is netcore.etl,
  6. netcore.etl many writes