Windows 10: "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

Discus and support "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Richard Klepáč, Sep 26, 2022.

1. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to 10%, and the power consumption of the process is marked as very high.I downloaded Process Explorer, went to properties of System, then went to the Threads tab and found out that the high usage always comes from this address : The TID is always different, but the address is always this one. Can I do some further troublesh

:)

Richard Klepáč, Sep 26, 2022

2. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with
    my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.

Solutions I've tried:

1. turning off audio enhancements
    2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
    3. turning off HPET
    4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
    5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
    None of these solutions work. Please help.

samielamin, Sep 26, 2022
  3. system process high cpu usage

Hello,

To fix high CPU usage issue, please refer these steps:

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

Also refer: [FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 26, 2022
  4. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

Spikes in the CPU usage

Hello,

i´ve recently started to have a big problem with spikes in CPU usage on my computer. Processes responsible for those spikes are NT Kernel and System, Rundll32 and hardware interrupts and dpcs. All those point to problem with either hardware or hardware drivers,
    but i didnt add or change any hardware in my computer recently and i didnt change any drivers. I have tryed to use Process Explorer to find the source of the problem but i was unable to figure it out. I have also run full scan of my computer for viruses or
    malware.

Thanks for any response.

Vojtech Vanecek

Vojtech_Vanecek, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

"System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

1. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes - Similar Threads - System process CPU

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  5. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  6. High 'Power' Usage by System Process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High 'Power' Usage by System Process: Hi everyone,I am using Asus Scar III, RTX 2070. After the recent windows update, I started noticing that the system process is using high power not cpu, which is draining my laptop battery by more than half of its life. Usually, I could run the laptop for about 4 hours with...
  7. Spikes in CPU usage

Spikes in CPU usage: Hi, In my current version of windows, I can see random spikes in CPU usage. This happens even when the device is not being used. I can see CPU % on my Rainmeter skin go from 1% to 17%. Any fixes? I have an ASUS S550CM Intel i5 1.7 GHz 8 GB RAM Nvidia GT 635M...
  8. 100% CPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage spike: Hi my computer was working fine last night no issues then this morning I power on and suddenly it stuck at 100% CPU usage and it's all windows processes that seem to be occuping the usage. I have done a reset and removed everything and still same issue I don't think there was...
  9. system process high cpu usage

system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...