Windows 10: 'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock"

Discus and support 'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi I have a hp ProBook 650 G2 with Microprocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz system board: 80FD KBC Version 22.73 System BIOS: N76... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by highcpuSystem, Sep 25, 2019.

1. 'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock"

hi

I have a hp ProBook 650 G2 with

Microprocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz

system board: 80FD KBC Version 22.73

System BIOS: N76 Ver. 01.42

system Memory: 16GB

windows specifications

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise

Version: 1903

Installed on 03/09/2019

OS build 18362.356

However, the CPU is always running between 18 to 25 % on the System process even when the laptop is idle.

Using windows performance analyser from 18362.1.190318-1202.19h1_release_WindowsSDK.iso

I can see it's the ACPI.sys which is consuming the CPU,

After loading the symbols in WPA after capturing computation

I can see its ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock with

ntoshrnl.exe! strchr and ACPI.sys!memcpy that is consuming the CPU.

What I can not work out is how to stop or slow this process down.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction,

It’s not helpful to have a lovely laptop and wasting 25 % CPU on this for no reason I can see.

I can provide the WPA files if it would be of use.

Things I have tried to identify the problem, but none of this stopped this high CPU usage.

a Clean Boot

running in save mode

disk optimisation

disk clenup

some I can not even remember.

:)

highcpuSystem, Sep 25, 2019
  2. deadalos Win User

"System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, Sep 25, 2019
  3. ihris Win User
    'System' process high CPU usage

Hello,

Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer.
    In the past I've never seen this, leaving the PC idle dropped the usage down to almost zero, now the CPU is running at full clock 24/7, heating it up ~55C, which is mildly undesirable.

Attempts done so far to fix the issue, none has worked:
    - Waiting. I leave the PC to run overnight, but it does not seem to help it.
    - Restarting, done multiple times, no effect whatsoever.
    - sfc /scannow, nothing found.
    - Full virus scan, nothing found.
    - The update settings has been set already to not to receive from other pc's. All updates are installed what windows update has to offer.

PC specs:
    Acer VN7 laptop, running Win 10 Home 64bit. HW: i5-6300HQ, 16GB, GTX960M. All drivers up to date.

'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock" [​IMG]

ihris, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock"

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock"

1. 'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock" - Similar Threads - 'System' process high

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. 'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage: I've been running a game, until I realised the framerate suddenly reduced for a while: from 350 Framerate Per Second FPS to 230. I checked the Task Manager to make sure if everything is going as intended or not, and it looks like the process called just "System" is using 25%...
  5. High CPU usage by process called "System"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by process called "System": I have a brand-new DELL XPS 9500 and about half of the time the process called "System" uses between 10 and 15% CPU which is enough to make the computer very hot and that the fans turn at 70% capacity until I reboot the laptop. Dell support said that the use of the...
  6. 'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock"

'System' process high CPU usage "ACPI.sys!GetNameSpaceObjectNolock": I have a asus n 550jk processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz system board: 80FD KBC Version 22.73 system Memory: 16GB windows specifications Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise However, the CPU is always running between 18 to 25 % on the System process even...
  7. help for the system process high cpu usage

help for the system process high cpu usage: Whenever I leave my PC idle it always, every single time after exactly 9 minutes causes a significant spike in CPU usage. It will not stop and will remain that way until i merely press a button or move the mouse by 1 milimeter. I've also created another user and it happens...
  8. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  9. system process high cpu usage

system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is system board sys usage?