Windows 10: System process - high CPU usage after some time

Discus and support System process - high CPU usage after some time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, in Task Manager, the "System" sometimes starts eating 14~20% CPU and that persists until a reboot. "System interrupts" (which is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Aure, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Aure Win User

System process - high CPU usage after some time

Hi everyone,
    in Task Manager, the "System" sometimes starts eating 14~20% CPU and that persists until a reboot.
    "System interrupts" (which is a pseudo process?) seems to do the same.

It doesn't happen from boot, and I don't know what triggers it.

Google searches suggest a driver may be buggy.

But which one?

How can I find it out?

Could I debug the system process using a tool to see what function a thread is in, for example? Somehow?

thanks

:)

Aure, Aug 1, 2015

2. After Update to windows 10 (1709 version), My laptop is lagging so much. Laptop model: Acer Predator helios 300

After the update, your CPU usage can be high for some time, making the system lag and feel slow. I explain how to check for this issue here: High CPU Usage in
    Windows 10
    . That also explains what you can do about it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 1, 2015
  3. Problems with windows explorer

Have you recently installed Windows 10 or any updates? After full build updates are applied, the system can have extremely high CPU usage for several days or even weeks until the backend processes are finished running. I wrote more about how to tell
    if this is the case, and what to do about it, here: PSA: Windows 10 High CPU Usage

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 1, 2015
  4. Aure Win User

5. It's specific for that device only due to its unique configuration. You just have to wait for another firmware update pack for August.

theveterans, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. System process - high CPU usage after some time - Similar Threads - System process high

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. 'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage: I've been running a game, until I realised the framerate suddenly reduced for a while: from 350 Framerate Per Second FPS to 230. I checked the Task Manager to make sure if everything is going as intended or not, and it looks like the process called just "System" is using 25%...
  5. 'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage: I've been running a game, until I realised the framerate suddenly reduced for a while: from 350 Framerate Per Second FPS to 230. I checked the Task Manager to make sure if everything is going as intended or not, and it looks like the process called just "System" is using 25%...
  6. High CPU usage by process called "System"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by process called "System": I have a brand-new DELL XPS 9500 and about half of the time the process called "System" uses between 10 and 15% CPU which is enough to make the computer very hot and that the fans turn at 70% capacity until I reboot the laptop. Dell support said that the use of the...
  7. help for the system process high cpu usage

help for the system process high cpu usage: Whenever I leave my PC idle it always, every single time after exactly 9 minutes causes a significant spike in CPU usage. It will not stop and will remain that way until i merely press a button or move the mouse by 1 milimeter. I've also created another user and it happens...
  8. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  9. system process high cpu usage

system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...