Windows 10: "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...

Discus and support "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop is idle, is this normal?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yam session, Jun 27, 2022.

1. "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...

"System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop is idle, is this normal?

:)

Yam session, Jun 27, 2022

2. system process high cpu usage

Hello,

To fix high CPU usage issue, please refer these steps:

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

Also refer: [FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 27, 2022
  3. deadalos Win User
    "System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, Jun 27, 2022
  4. "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...

System Idle Process High cpu usage

What are the processes that cause HIGH CPU usage?

Frederik Long, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

"System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...

1. "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop... - Similar Threads - System process constantly

2. System process very high power usage - FIXED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System process very high power usage - FIXED: After days of searching the web and trying every possible thing from configuration changes to cleaning heatsinks, I finally found a solution: My pc is a Dell XPS 8930 with a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card. I went to the Nvidia website and downloaded and installed the...
  3. System process very high power usage - FIXED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System process very high power usage - FIXED: After days of searching the web and trying every possible thing from configuration changes to cleaning heatsinks, I finally found a solution: My pc is a Dell XPS 8930 with a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card. I went to the Nvidia website and downloaded and installed the...
  4. System process very high power usage - FIXED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  6. High System Process CPU Usage.

High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  7. "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...

"System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...: "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop is idle, is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-is-constantly-using-20-percent-cpu/91c0bebd-51f2-4b24-9dfc-e2ec83aa3f8f
  8. "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...: "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop is idle, is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-is-constantly-using-20-percent-cpu/91c0bebd-51f2-4b24-9dfc-e2ec83aa3f8f
  9. IAStorDataSvc Process is using very high power usage.

in Windows 10 Customization
    IAStorDataSvc Process is using very high power usage.: No app is running, so how can I reduce this usage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iastordatasvc-process-is-using-very-high-power/cd6de9f8-ffbf-4aed-a5dc-781a4bfa5354
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...