Windows 10: System process jumps to 25% after being idle.

Discus and support System process jumps to 25% after being idle. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Heya, I have an old gaming PC that I now use to run small sized game servers for friends or idle in certain games. Recently the system process has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NuMs, Jun 21, 2020.

1. NuMs Win User

System process jumps to 25% after being idle.

Heya,

I have an old gaming PC that I now use to run small sized game servers for friends or idle in certain games.

Recently the system process has started jumping to 25% and staying there after the computer has been idle for 5 minutes. Normally not an issue however the fans are quite loud.

I tried to see what was happening in process explorer but expanding the System process didnt show anything.

However I did notice the process "taskhostw.exe", in the red box, will immediately terminate if I do anything (once the systems no longer considered idle) and the CPU usage will return to normal.

Here is the screenshot.

System process jumps to 25% after being idle. [​IMG]

I know the usual suspect is windows update but I've noticed that starts up under "svchost.exe (netsvc -p)", so seems to be a different issue but I could be wrong of course and that's why im here!

It's running Windows 10 1903.

Anyone know how I can solve this?

:)

2. System Idle Process CPU Allocation?

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.

System Idle Process, as the name suggests is a process that indicates CPU is idle and is not being used, aka is at rest. This is done to totalize CPU usage to 100 between the processes.

So you do not have to worry about anything.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 21, 2020
  3. System Idle Process

Hi,
    I have recently been encountering a problem with system idle process. Whenever i start up my computer after about 10 to 15mins system idle process kicks in and starts hogging all of my cpu usage. This continuously lags my computer. Can i delete system idle process can someone please help me!*Mad System process jumps to 25% after being idle. :mad:

I am running Windows vista ultimate x64

binsky3333, Jun 21, 2020
  4. System process jumps to 25% after being idle.

System Idle Process

System idle process should show "99" if your computer is idling. If it's only showing 50 then some other process is eating up your other 50, find it and sic your antivirus on it.

Poisonsnak, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

System process jumps to 25% after being idle.

1. System process jumps to 25% after being idle. - Similar Threads - System process jumps

2. System Idle Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process: Hi,Using Process Explorer, I have noticed that system idle process is using over 90% of my CPU. Why is this happening?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-idle-process/97a55810-9d63-4918-b9f6-a868910d5b98
  3. System Idle Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Idle Process: Hi,Using Process Explorer, I have noticed that system idle process is using over 90% of my CPU. Why is this happening?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-idle-process/97a55810-9d63-4918-b9f6-a868910d5b98
  4. processus system idle process 100% usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    processus system idle process 100% usage: bonjour, Lemoje rencontre un problème sur une machine j'ai un processus system idle process qui consomme une grande parti du CPU voir 100%est ce une lecture erroné de ma part ou il y un vrai problème avec ce processus ? Cordialement,Hi guys, I encounter a problem on a machine...
  5. processus system idle process 100% usage

processus system idle process 100% usage: bonjour, Lemoje rencontre un problème sur une machine j'ai un processus system idle process qui consomme une grande parti du CPU voir 100%est ce une lecture erroné de ma part ou il y un vrai problème avec ce processus ? Cordialement,Hi guys, I encounter a problem on a machine...
  6. processus system idle process 100% usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. System Idle Process high cpu

System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  8. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  9. System Idle Process high cpu

10. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com