Windows 10: System process starts to run at constant 20% after using my laptop for around 30 mins

Discus and support System process starts to run at constant 20% after using my laptop for around 30 mins in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is driving me nuts, my laptop (Huawei Matebook X Pro) starts to heat up and fans become louder after around 30-40 mins of usage. when I check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AshrafKamal Khalid, Nov 27, 2018.

1. System process starts to run at constant 20% after using my laptop for around 30 mins

This is driving me nuts, my laptop (Huawei Matebook X Pro) starts to heat up and fans become louder after around 30-40 mins of usage. when I check the task manager I find that the "System" Process is using a constant 20% CPU time. after this I still can use the machine except that a number of things stops responding, I cannot eject external drives, I cannot restart and I have to shutdown the machine using the power button (hard reset). I have done some investigation and using the Windows Performance Recorder and Analysis tool, I found that this is cause by a driver called Microsoft.Bluetooth.Legacy.LEEnumerator as show in the screen shot

System process starts to run at constant 20% after using my laptop for around 30 mins 1e718123-49b4-406b-9439-0da7e8f04169?upload=true.jpg

Can anyone help me please I don't know what to do to fix this. I am running Windows 10 - 1809, x64

:)

AshrafKamal Khalid, Nov 27, 2018
  2. GaryLynch Win User

Reboots of 30 mins + on an HP laptop

Hi, thanks for this

I should have been more clear, when I switch it on, I get the usual system text, then the new blue Win 10 logo, then windows tone then a blank screen for 60 or so minutes. Oh, and my HP laptop is fine, it's the Toshiba Satellite that is the problem. (too
    many computers/family members, too little time!) .

I followed all the steps you gave me however and if left alone my laptop still took almost an hour to boot (the message was it could not repair the start up issues). I say if left alone because after it did start on its own I rebooted again and after 30
    mins I decided to switch it off and go to bed, I pressed the off button and I heard the disk start up and hey presto, up popped the Windows screen, press return, login in and it all works.

So I will investigate further, but for now it seems if you leave it while and then intervene by pressing the off/on button the windows picture screen does appear.

Still not right, but a work around until I can have a further look.

Any further suggestions welcome.

Gary

GaryLynch, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 27, 2018
  4. System process starts to run at constant 20% after using my laptop for around 30 mins

Why Live Tile is updated in Windows Phone @ 30 Mins interval?

Hi Jay..

Thanks for response!!!

I tried as per suggested steps, unfortunalty does not help.

I think it is Windows OS Limitation to have tile update on every 30 mins.

Shrikrishna Khupasangikar, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

System process starts to run at constant 20% after using my laptop for around 30 mins

1. System process starts to run at constant 20% after using my laptop for around 30 mins - Similar Threads - System process starts

2. system process using 30%-50% of my gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system process using 30%-50% of my gpu: hello i noticed in the task manager that a process called system is taking 30% of my gpu and sometimes 50% and i wanted to know what can i do in order to fix this?specs:gpu: 6650 xt16 gigs of ramcpu: i5-13400...
  3. 100% disc usage on system HDD at start up for 30 mins, system process causing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disc usage on system HDD at start up for 30 mins, system process causing it?: hi, i have had this issues on and off for the last months, at first i didnt notice it as i always give my pc a few minutes before i start doing things, but its become apparent that my PC is slow for the first 30-40 mins of startup to where it cannot open anything until it...
  4. 100% disc usage on system HDD at start up for 30 mins, system process causing it?

100% disc usage on system HDD at start up for 30 mins, system process causing it?: hi, i have had this issues on and off for the last months, at first i didnt notice it as i always give my pc a few minutes before i start doing things, but its become apparent that my PC is slow for the first 30-40 mins of startup to where it cannot open anything until it...
  5. 100% disc usage on system HDD at start up for 30 mins, system process causing it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Is it normal for system to use around 20% of my GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for system to use around 20% of my GPU?: I was idle on my computer and then I checked task manager to see "System" using up about 22% of my GPU and for a long period of time. My GPU isn't trash and as of submitting this my GPU is no longer in such high use. Was it normal for "System" to be using such a considerable...
  7. Is it normal for system to use around 20% of my GPU?

Is it normal for system to use around 20% of my GPU?: I was idle on my computer and then I checked task manager to see "System" using up about 22% of my GPU and for a long period of time. My GPU isn't trash and as of submitting this my GPU is no longer in such high use. Was it normal for "System" to be using such a considerable...
  8. Is it normal for system to use around 20% of my GPU?

9. PC works for 20-30 min then shutdown

PC works for 20-30 min then shutdown: It shutdown just like when you cut electricity but it's not it I tried cleaning the dust and checked the psu but it's still so the same thing if I leave the PC for a day then it turns on but when it past 30 min it shutdown and if I try to turn it on again it wouldn't the fans...
  10. laptop freezes after 20 min

laptop freezes after 20 min: Hi My laptop is freezing after 20 to 30 min after starting the laptop in normal mode, but it is working properly in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes-after-20-min/bd28c89d-5776-4f84-a4ae-c5886a40639b