Windows 10: system process take all the CPU

Discus and support system process take all the CPU in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have most of the CPU use occupied by the system process, in particular looking at the details from these two .exe : ntkrnlmp.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StefanoCicirberchia, Jun 19, 2019.

1. system process take all the CPU

Hi

I have most of the CPU use occupied by the system process, in particular looking at the details from these two .exe :

ntkrnlmp.exe

ntoskrnl.exe

I tried the most common troubleshooting the I found on the web and it didn't work thank you for help.

I installed the SDK windows toolbox and registered the output for 60 s. Here is the result,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16xiGD9Iz8YHJOL9ov1oZ8x59Osv7kA8s

Thank you,

Stefano

:)

StefanoCicirberchia, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Jun 19, 2019
  3. System Idle Process CPU Allocation?

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.

System Idle Process, as the name suggests is a process that indicates CPU is idle and is not being used, aka is at rest. This is done to totalize CPU usage to 100 between the processes.

So you do not have to worry about anything.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 19, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

system process take all the CPU

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

system process take all the CPU

1. system process take all the CPU - Similar Threads - system process CPU

2. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. 2 processes are taking all CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 processes are taking all CPU usage: it started a few days ago , Firstly edge would lag , then it started freezing now it wont open Today - Ondrivesetup was using my CPU 25 % RAM 100 MB approx but wasn't doing anything I tried all possible ways to stop things from task manager and control panel uninstall feature...
  5. 2 processes are taking all CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 processes are taking all CPU usage: it started a few days ago , Firstly edge would lag , then it started freezing now it wont open Today - Ondrivesetup was using my CPU 25 % RAM 100 MB approx but wasn't doing anything I tried all possible ways to stop things from task manager and control panel uninstall feature...
  6. 2 processes are taking all CPU usage

7. System Idle Process high cpu

System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  8. PowerShell takes 100% of CPU in multiple processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell takes 100% of CPU in multiple processes: so I've notice that every 30-60 seconds this happens and causes my PC to slow down as hellWindows version: 22H2, build: 22622.436 I'm in the beta channelCPU: Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz...
  9. PowerShell takes 100% of CPU in multiple processes

PowerShell takes 100% of CPU in multiple processes: so I've notice that every 30-60 seconds this happens and causes my PC to slow down as hellWindows version: 22H2, build: 22622.436 I'm in the beta channelCPU: Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz...
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system process takes 30% cpu

2. system process taking all the CPU on Windows 2016